IPL 2019, Match 27: Mumbai Indians vs Rajasthan Royals – Statistical Highlights
On Saturday (13th April) evening, Rajasthan Royals (RR) secured a crucial victory after beating the host side Mumbai Indians (MI) at Wankhede Stadium (Mumbai).
After winning the toss, RR captain Ajinkya Rahane decided to bowl first. The home team managed to score 187/5 (20 overs) in the first innings. In reply, the visiting side chased down that target in 19.3 overs after losing six wickets.
Brief Scores: MI – 187/5 in 20 overs (Quinton de Kock 81, Rohit Sharma 47; Jofra Archer 3/39)
RR – 188/6 in 19.3 overs (Jos Buttler 89, Ajinkya Rahane 37; Krunal Pandya 3/34)
Result – RR won by four wickets
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) It was the 200th T20 match for MI.
- MI is the first team to play 200 T20 matches.
i) RR successfully chased the 188-run target as they scored 188/6 in 19.3 overs.
- It is the second highest total for RR against MI. Their record total is 208/7 (20 overs) at Mumbai (Brabourne Stadium) on 13th March 2010.
- It is RR’s fourth highest successful chase in IPL history.
|217/7 (19.5)||215||Deccan Chargers||Hyderabad (Deccan)||24th April 2008|
|197/5 (19.4)||197||Deccan Chargers||Jaipur||17th April 2012|
|191/5 (18.5)||191||Royal Challengers Bangalore||Bengaluru||11th May 2014|
|188/6 (19.3)||188||Mumbai Indians||Mumbai||13th April 2019|
i) It was the 100th T20 match for Rohit Sharma as an MI captain.
- Rohit Sharma is the first MI captain to lead the side in 100 T20 matches.
Quinton de Kock
i) MI opener Quinton de Kock scored 81 runs.
- It is the second highest individual score by an MI batsman against RR at Wankhede Stadium (Mumbai). The record is 95* by Corey Anderson on 25th May 2014.
- It is the fourth highest individual score by an MI batsman against RR.
|Corey Anderson||95*||Mumbai||25th May 2014|
|Sachin Tendulkar||89*||Jaipur||11th April 2010|
|Dwayne Smith||87*||Jaipur||20th May 2012|
|Quinton de Kock||81||Mumbai||13th April 2019|
i) By the end of this match, Hardik Pandya has hit 50 IPL sixes for MI.
- Hardik Pandya is the fourth MI batsman to hit 50 or more IPL sixes. Kieron Pollard (171 sixes), Rohit Sharma (136 sixes) and Ambati Rayudu (79 sixes) were the first three MI batsmen to achieve this feat.
i) RR left-arm pacer Jaydev Unadkat has picked up 150 wickets in his T20 career.
- Jaydev Unadkat is the third Indian left-arm pacer to pick up 150 or more wickets in T20 career. Irfan Pathan (173 wickets) and Ashish Nehra (162 wickets) were the first two Indian left-arm pacers to take 150+ T20 wickets.
- Jaydev Unadkat is the sixth Indian pacer to take 150 or more T20 wickets.
i) RR opening batsman Jos Buttler scored 89 runs.
- It is the joint third highest individual score by a RR batsman against MI.
|Yusuf Pathan||100||Mumbai (Brabourne Stadium)||13th March 2010|
|Jos Buttler||94*||Mumbai||13th May 2018|
|Shane Watson||89*||Mumbai||20th May 2011|
|Jos Buttler||89||Mumbai||13th April 2019|
Sourav Ganguly Visits Belur Math To Hand Over Donations
Former Indian captain and present Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) President Sourav Ganguly has recently visited Belur Math to hand over the donation amid coronavirus pandemic. Sourav Ganguly was one of the best captains in Indian cricket history. During the crisis period…
Yuvraj Singh Opens Up on The Side Effect of IPL on Youngsters
Former Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh has taken a dig at the Indian Premier League (IPL) for diverting the focus of the youngsters from the red-ball cricket. The veteran urges the upcoming generation to take Test cricket as their first choice option in a bid to…