On Saturday (13th April) afternoon, Mumbai Indians (MI) and Rajasthan Royals (RR) will face each other at Wankhede Stadium (Mumbai).
Both teams will play their seventh match in IPL 2019. However, it will be the fourth home match for MI and third away match for RR in the ongoing IPL season.
While both teams have already played six matches in this IPL season, MI has won four matches, and RR has won only one match.
Teams’ forms in IPL 2019
Recent results (in last five matches)
MI (oldest to latest) – Won, Lost, Won, Won and Won
RR (oldest to latest) – Lost, Lost, Won, Lost and Lost
Teams’ performances in different stages of a match
|Different stages of a match (Overs)||MI||RR|
|Run-rate||Average wicket (s) fall in a match||Run-rate||Average wicket (s) fall in a match|
|Middle overs (7-15)||7.90||2.83||7.66||1.67|
|Death overs (16-20)||11.45||3.17||9.85||2.33|
|Top run-scorer||Kieron Pollard (179 runs)||Jos Buttler (199 runs)|
|Top wicket-taker||Alzarri Joseph, Jasprit Bumrah and Hardik Pandya (6 wickets each)||Shreyas Gopal (8 wickets)|
Head-to-head records between MI and RR
|Stats||Matches||MI won||RR won||Tied/No Result|
|At Wankhede Stadium (Mumbai)||6||4||2||0/0|
|In the last 10 matches||10||6||4||0/0|
Important stats between MI and RR
|Stats||MI (vs RR)||RR (vs MI)|
|Highest total||212/6 (20 overs) at Mumbai (Brabourne Stadium) on 13th March 2010||208/7 (20 overs) at Mumbai (Brabourne Stadium) on 13th March 2010|
|Lowest completed total||92 (18.2 overs) at Jaipur on 17th April 2013||103 (16.2 overs) at Mumbai on 7th May 2008|
|Largest victory (by runs)||37 runs at Jaipur on 11th April 2010||87 runs at Jaipur on 17th April 2013|
|Largest victory (by wickets)||10 wickets at Jaipur on 20th May 2012||10 wickets at Mumbai on 20th May 2011|
|Stats||MI (vs RR)||RR (vs MI)|
|Highest individual score||95* by Corey Anderson at Mumbai on 25th May 2014||100 by Yusuf Pathan at Mumbai (Brabourne Stadium) on 13th March 2010|
|Best bowling figures||4/28 by Munaf Patel at Mumbai on 11th April 2012||4/14 by Sohail Tanvir at Jaipur on 26th May 2008|
|Most runs scored||335 runs by Kieron Pollard||365 runs by Sanju Samson|
|Most wickets||14 wickets by Kieron Pollard||13 wickets by Shane Watson|
Other important stats
- It will be the 100th T20 match for Rohit Sharma as an MI captain. He will be the first MI captain to achieve this feat.
- Rohit Sharma (7,913 runs) is 87 runs away to complete his 8,000 T20 runs. He will be the third Indian batsman to score 8,000 T20 runs. Suresh Raina and Virat Kohli were the first two Indian batsmen to achieve this feat.
- Yuvraj Singh (149 sixes) is one six away to complete his 150 IPL sixes. He will be the 12th batsman to hit 150 or more IPL sixes.
- Hardik Pandya (47 sixes) is three sixes away to complete his 50 IPL sixes for MI. He will be the fourth MI batsman to hit 50 IPL sixes. Kieron Pollard (171 sixes), Rohit Sharma (135 sixes) and Ambati Rayudu (79 sixes) were the first three MI batsmen to hit 50 or more IPL sixes for this franchise.
- Jasprit Bumrah (69 wickets) needs to take three more wickets to become the third most IPL wicket-taker for MI. With three more wickets, the Indian pacer will surpass Mitchell McClenaghan who has picked up 71 IPL wickets for MI.
- Kieron Pollard (14 wickets) is one wicket away to become the leading wicket-taker for MI against RR. Currently, he is the joint most wicket-taker along with the former MI off-spinner Harbhajan Singh (14 wickets).
- Ajinkya Rahane (47 sixes) needs to hit three more sixes to complete 50 IPL sixes for RR. He will be the fourth batsman to hit 50 or more IPL sixes for RR. Shane Watson (109 sixes), Yusuf Pathan (61 sixes) and Sanju Samson (54 sixes) were the first three RR cricketers to hit 50-plus IPL sixes.
- The left-arm pacer Jaydev Unadkat (149 wickets) is one wicket away to complete his 150 T20 wickets.