IPL 2019, Match 3: Mumbai Indians vs Delhi Capitals – Statistical Highlights
Delhi Capitals (DC) started their IPL 2019 season with an impressive victory against Mumbai Indians (MI) at Wankhede Stadium (Mumbai) on Sunday night (24th March).
The host captain Rohit Sharma decided to bowl first after winning the toss. In the first innings, Delhi Capitals scored 213/6 in 20 overs. In reply, Mumbai Indians were bundled out for 176 runs (19.2). Delhi Capitals won the game by 37 runs.
Brief Scores: DC- 213/6 in 20 overs (Rishabh Pant 78*, Colin Ingram 47; Mitchell McClenaghan 3/40)
MI – 176 in 19.2 overs (Yuvraj Singh 53, Krunal Pandya 32; Kagiso Rabada 2/23)
Result – DC won by 37 runs
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) Delhi Capitals scored 213/6 in 20 overs.
- It is the highest total for the Delhi franchise outside their home city (Delhi). Their previous record was 205/4 (20 overs) against Rising Pune Supergiant at Pune on 11th April 2017.
- It is the highest total for Delhi Capitals against Mumbai Indians. Their previous record was 207/5 (20 overs) at Delhi on 27th April 2012.
- It was the third highest total for any team against Mumbai Indians. The top two records are 235/1 (20 overs) by Royal Challengers Bangalore and 230/3 (20 overs) by Kings XI Punjab, both at Mumbai.
- It was the fourth highest total for Delhi Capitals.
ii) Delhi Capitals won the match by 37 runs.
- It is the joint largest victory margin (by runs) for Delhi Capitals against Mumbai Indians. Previously, the Delhi franchise won twice by the same margins, both at Delhi.
iii) It is the third consecutive victory for Delhi Capitals against Mumbai Indians.
- It is the only second time when Delhi Capitals (Delhi Daredevils) won their three successive matches against Mumbai Indians. The first incident happened from May 2008 to May 2009 when Delhi Capitals won their three consecutive games against Mumbai Indians.
i) Mumbai Indians captain Rohit Sharma played his 300th T20 match.
- Rohit Sharma is the third Indian cricketer to play 300 or more T20 matches. MS Dhoni (303 T20s) and Suresh Raina (303 T20s) were the first two Indians to achieve this feat.
i) Delhi Capitals’ batsman Rishabh Pant completed his half-century in just 18 balls.
- It was the fastest IPL half-century against Mumbai Indians. The previous record holder was MS Dhoni (Chennai Super Kings) who completed his half-century in 20 balls during the Bengaluru T20 on 23rd May 2012.
i) Yuvraj Singh scored his fifth IPL half-century against the Delhi franchise.
- Yuvraj Singh now has 5 half-centuries against Delhi franchise, Which is 3rd most for any batsman in IPL history. Only Virat Kohli (8 half-centuries) and Ajinkya Rahane (6 half-centuries) are ahead of Yuvraj Singh.
ii) By the end of this match, Yuvraj Singh has scored 512 runs against Delhi Capitals (Delhi Daredevils).
- Yuvraj Singh is the second most run-scorer as a left-handed batsman against Delhi Capitals (Delhi Daredevils). During this match, he surpassed Suresh Raina who has scored 507 runs against Delhi Capitals (Delhi Daredevils). Only Shikhar Dhawan is now ahead of Yuvraj Singh who has scored 522 runs against this Delhi franchise.
David Miller Pens Deal with Dhaka Dynamites for the Upcoming BPL 2019-20 Season
South African batsman David Miller on Saturday (July 20) had joined Dhaka Dynamites for the upcoming seventh edition of the…
ICC World Cup 2019: I Don’t Think it’s Fair to Have a Result Like That – Eoin Morgan on Lord’s Final
England skipper Eoin Morgan has admitted the fact that the Lord’s final has been a bit ‘unfair’ that it has…