IPL 2019, Match 30: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Delhi Capitals – Statistical Highlights
On Sunday (14th April) night, Delhi Capitals (DC) claimed an impressive victory against the host side Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) at Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium (Hyderabad).
After the host side sent them to bat first, DC managed to score 155/7 (20 overs). In reply, SRH had a good start, but later they faced a major batting collapse. Finally, the home team was bundled out for just 116 runs (18.5 overs), and the visiting side won that match by 39 runs.
Brief Scores: DC – 155/7 in 20 overs (Shreyas Iyer 45, Colin Munro 40; Khaleel Ahmed 3/30)
SRH – 116 in 18.5 overs (David Warner 51, Jonny Bairstow 41; Kagiso Rabada 4/22)
Result – DC won by 39 runs
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) SRH was bundled out for just 116 runs (18.5).
- It is the lowest completed total for SRH against the Delhi franchise. Their previous lowest completed total against the Delhi franchise was 146/8 (20 overs) at Hyderabad (Deccan) on 12th May 2016.
- It is the third lowest completed total for SRH against any team.
|96 (17.4)||Mumbai Indians||Hyderabad (Deccan)||6th April 2019|
|113 (20)||Mumbai Indians||Hyderabad (Deccan)||17th May 2015|
|116 (18.5)||Delhi Capitals||Hyderabad (Deccan)||14th April 2019|
i) DC won this match by 39 runs.
- It is the largest victory (by runs) for any side during a match between SRH and DC. The previous record holder was SRH who had beaten the Delhi franchise by 15 runs at Hyderabad (Deccan) on 19th April 2017.
- It was the second victory for the Delhi franchise against SRH at Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium (Hyderabad). Their first victory against this side at this venue was on 12th May 2016 (by seven wickets).
- It is the third largest victory (by runs) for the Delhi franchise outside Delhi.
|97 runs||Rising Pune Supergiant||Pune||11th April 2017|
|52 runs||Kolkata Knight Riders||Centurion||13th October 2012|
|39 runs||Sunrisers Hyderabad||Hyderabad (Deccan)||14th April 2019|
i) By the end of this match, Bhuvneshwar Kumar has picked up 101 wickets for SRH (all in IPL).
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar is the first SRH bowler to pick up 100 T20 wickets.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar is the fifth bowler to take 100 or more IPL wickets for a side. Lasith Malinga (Mumbai Indians), Harbhajan Singh (Mumbai Indians), Sunil Narine (Kolkata Knight Riders) and Dwayne Bravo (Chennai Super Kings) were the first four bowlers to achieve this feat.
i) SRH left-arm pacer Khaleel Ahmed had the bowling figures of 4-0-30-3.
- It is the best bowling figures by an SRH bowler against the Delhi franchise. The previous record was 2/10 by Darren Sammy at Hyderabad (Deccan) on 4th May 2013.
i) David Warner has scored 1,526 T20 runs at Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium (Hyderabad).
- He is the first batsman to score 1,500+ T20 runs at Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium (Hyderabad).
i) DC pacer Kagiso Rabada had the bowling figures of 3.5-0-22-4.
- It is the second best bowling figures by a bowler from the Delhi franchise against SRH. The record is 4/17 by JP Duminy at Visakhapatnam on 18th April 2015.
Mark Taylor Opens Up About The ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2020
Former great Australian cricketer and former Cricket Australia (CA) Director, Mark Taylor feels that the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2020, which will host by Australia, will be postponed. Australia will organise the seventh edition of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2020 between 18th…
Indian Government Not BCCI Will Decide IPL 2020’s Future: Kiren Rijiju
India’s sports minister Kiren Rijiju has cleared that the final decision of hosting the Indian Premier League (IPL) would be taken by the Government of India and not the BCCI. The fate of the 13th edition of the league, which has been postponed indefinitely, would…