IPL 2019, Match 36: Rajasthan Royals vs Mumbai Indians – Statistical Highlights
On Saturday (20th April) evening, the home side Rajasthan Royals (RR) claimed a crucial victory against Mumbai Indians (MI) at Sawai Mansingh Stadium (Jaipur). The host side achieved their third victory in this season after beating MI by five wickets (five balls to spare).
After the host side sent the visitors to bat first, the Mumbai franchise managed to score 161/5 in 20 overs. In reply, the home team successfully chased down that target in 19.1 overs after losing five wickets.
Brief Scores: MI – 161/5 in 20 overs (Quinton de Kock 65, Suryakumar Yadav 34; Shreyas Gopal 2/21)
RR – 162/5 in 19.1 overs (Steven Smith 59*, Riyan Parag 43; Rahul Chahar 3/29)
Result – RR won by 5 wickets
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) RR won this match by five wickets.
- It is the fourth consecutive victory for RR against MI. Last time MI beat RR on 1st May 2015 at Wankhede Stadium (Mumbai). In the T20 cricket history between RR and MI, it is the first time when a side has claimed more than three consecutive victories. Before this, MI once achieved three straight victories against the Rajasthan franchise.
- It is the fourth consecutive victory for RR against MI at Sawai Mansingh Stadium (Jaipur). Last time MI beat the Rajasthan franchise at this venue on 20th May 2012.
Quinton de Kock
i) MI left-handed opening batsman Quinton de Kock scored 65 runs.
- It is the third highest individual score by a left-handed batsman for MI against RR. The top two records are 95* by Corey Anderson (at Mumbai on 25th May 2014) and 81 by Quinton de Kock (at Mumbai on 13th April 2019)
i) RR left-arm pacer Jaydev Unadkat had the bowling figures of 4-0-46-1.
- It is the most expensive bowling figures by a RR bowler against MI at Sawai Mansingh Stadium (Jaipur).
- It is the most expensive bowling figures by a left-arm bowler for RR at Sawai Mansingh Stadium (Jaipur). The previous record holder was also Jaydev Unadkat who had the bowling figures of 3-0-44-0 against Kings XI Punjab on 25th March 2019.
i) MI leg-spinner Rahul Chahar had the bowling figures of 4-0-29-3.
- It is the third-best bowling figures by an MI spinner against RR. The top two records are 4/32 by Harbhajan Singh (at Delhi on 6th October 2013) and 3/23 by Harbhajan Singh (at Kolkata on 24th May 2013).
Injury Came as a Needed Break from Cricket – Harmanpreet Kaur
After the controversy during the World T20, the ankle injury was all that Harmanpreet Kaur needed. The controversy that followed…
ICC World Cup 2019 Warm-up, Match 4: India vs New Zealand- Match Prediction
The Men in Blue will start of their World Cup campaign with a warm-up clash against New Zealand slated to…