IPL 2019, Match 37: Delhi Capitals vs Kings XI Punjab – Statistical Highlights
On Saturday (20th April) night, the home side Delhi Capitals (DC) claimed an important victory against the visiting team Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) at Feroz Shah Kotla Ground (Delhi).
After winning the toss, DC captain Shreyas Iyer decided to field first. After restricting the visiting side to 163/7 (20 overs), DC chased down that target in 19.4 overs after losing five wickets.
Brief Scores: KXIP – 163/7 in 20 overs (Chris Gayle 69, Mandeep Singh 30; Sandeep Lamichhane 3/40)
DC – 166/5 in 19.4 overs (Shreyas Iyer 58*, Shikhar Dhawan 56; Hardus Viljoen 2/39)
Result – DC won by 5 wickets
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) KXIP scored 163/7 in 20 overs.
- It is the third highest total for KXIP against the Delhi franchise at Feroz Shah Kotla Ground (Delhi).
Top totals for KXIP against the Delhi franchise at Feroz Shah Kotla Ground (Delhi)
|202/6 (20)||19th May 2014|
|165/6 (19.4)||23rd April 2011|
|163/7 (20)||20th April 2019|
i) DC won this match by five wickets.
- Since April 2017, it was the first victory for the Delhi franchise against KXIP. Before their latest win, the Delhi franchise previously beat this Punjab franchise on 15th April 2017 at Feroz Shah Kotla Ground (Delhi). Since then, the Delhi franchise suffered four consecutive defeats against KXIP before their latest victory.
i) KXIP opener Chris Gayle scored 69 runs.
- It is the third highest individual score by a KXIP batsman against the Delhi franchise.
|Shaun Marsh||95||Delhi||23rd April 2011|
|Simon Katich||75||Mohali||27th April 2008|
|Chris Gayle||69||Delhi||20th April 2019|
i) Shikhar Dhawan has hit 502 fours in IPL career.
- Shikhar Dhawan is the first batsman to hit 500 fours in IPL career.
ii) The left-handed opening batsman Shikhar Dhawan scored his 35th half-century in his IPL career.
- It is the joint fifth most 50+ scores for a batsman in IPL history.
|Player||No. of 50+ scores (100s/50s)|
|David Warner||45 (4/41)|
|Virat Kohli||41 (5/36)|
|Suresh Raina||37 (1/36)|
|Gautam Gambhir||36 (0/36)|
|AB de Villiers||35 (3/32)|
|Shikhar Dhawan*||35 (0/35)|
|Rohit Sharma||35 (1/34)|
|Chris Gayle*||34 (6/28)|
|Ajinkya Rahane||28 (1/27)|
|Robin Uthappa||24 (0/24)|
(Special Note: Shikhar Dhawan and Chris Gayle’s record updated after this match)
i) By the end of this match, Shreyas Iyer has reached 1,545 runs for the Delhi franchise.
- Shreyas Iyer is the third batsman to score 1,500+ T20 runs for the Delhi franchise. Virender Sehwag (2,382 runs) and Rishabh Pant (1,506 runs) were the first two batsmen to complete 1,500 T20 runs for the Delhi franchise.
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||9||7||36|
|Dabang Delhi K.C.||7||5||29|
Shubman Gill Reveals Which One Basic Advice From Rahul Dravid He Will Keep In Mind
Shubman Gill is growing up as one of the great futures in Indian cricket. Recently, the 19-year-old has revealed one…
Virat Kohli Can’t Break One Of The Sachin Tendulkar’s Record: Virender Sehwag
Virat Kohli is said to be the best cricket player of this modern era. He has broken almost every record…