IPL 2019, Match 38: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Kolkata Knight Riders – Statistical Highlights
On Sunday (21st April) evening, the host side Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) thrashed Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium (Uppal, Hyderabad).
The SRH captain Kane Williamson decided to field first after winning the toss. After restricting the KKR side to 159/8 (20 overs), the home side easily chased down that target in 15 overs after losing just one wicket.
Brief Scores: KKR – 159/8 in 20 overs (Chris Lynn 51, Rinku Singh 30; Khaleel Ahmed 3/33)
SRH – 161/1 in 15 overs (Jonny Bairstow 80*, David Warner 67; Prithvi Raj 1/29)
Result – SRH won by 9 wickets
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) SRH won this match by nine wickets (with 30 balls remaining).
- It is the largest victory (by wickets) for SRH against KKR. Their previous record was winning by five wickets for twice.
- It is the third largest victory (by the number of balls remaining) for SRH against any side. Their top two records are winning by six wickets with 37 balls remaining (against Delhi Daredevils at Hyderabad, Deccan on 4th May 2013) and winning by ten wickets with 31 balls remaining (against Gujarat Lions at Rajkot on 21st April 2016)
i) SRH left-arm pacer Khaleel Ahmed had the bowling figures of 4-0-33-3.
- It is the second best bowling figures by a left-arm bowler in a T20 match between SRH and KKR. The record holder is the left-arm spinner Iqbal Abdulla (KKR) with the bowling figures of 3.5-0-39-3 at Hyderabad (Deccan) on 19th May 2013.
David Warner and Jonny Bairstow
- It is the second highest opening partnership against KKR. The record is 139 runs opening partnership between David Warner and Shikhar Dhawan (SRH) at Hyderabad (Deccan) on 30th April 2017.
- It is the joint fourth highest partnership for any wicket against KKR.
i) By the end of this match, David Warner has scored 4,531 IPL runs.
- David Warner is the fourth batsman to score 4,500+ IPL runs. Before him, Virat Kohli (5,326 runs), Suresh Raina (5,192 runs) and Rohit Sharma (4,721 runs) achieved this feat.
ii) This half-century was David Warner’s fourth consecutive T20 half-century.
- David Warner is the fourth Australian batsman to hit four consecutive 50+ scores in T20 career. Before him, Lee Carseldine, Michael Klinger and Usman Khawaja once scored four consecutive 50+ scores in T20 career. No Australian batsman has scored more than four 50+ scores in T20 career.
iii) By the end of this match, David Warner has scored 829 IPL runs against KKR.
- In IPL history, David Warner is the most run-scorer against one team. During this match, David Warner surpassed Suresh Raina who has scored 818 IPL runs against KKR.
i) SRH batsman Johnny Bairstow scored an unbeaten 80 runs off 43 balls.
- It is the second highest individual score by an SRH batsman against KKR at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium (Uppal, Hyderabad). The record is 126 by David Warner on 30th April 2017.
- It is the fourth highest individual score by an SRH batsman against KKR. David Warner has the top three records with the scores of 126, 91 and 85 runs against KKR.
BCCI Secretary Amitabh Choudary Lashes Out At President CK Khanna
A day after Committee of Administrators (CoA) arrested all the functioning powers of the current set of office bearers of the Board…
ICC World Cup 2019: Simon Katich Admits Australia’s Top Four Selection Will be a Headache
Former Australian top-order batsman Simon Katich conceded that it’s going to be a strenuous task for the team to select…