IPL 2019, Match 39: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Chennai Super Kings – Statistical Highlights
On Sunday (21st April) night, the home team Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) snatched a thrilling one-run victory against the visiting side Chennai Super Kings (CSK) at M Chinnaswamy Stadium (Bengaluru).
The host side managed to score 161/7 (20 overs) after the visiting team decided to field first. In reply, the visitors just failed to reach that target as they scored 160/8 (20 overs). CSK captain MS Dhoni played a heroic innings of unbeaten 84 runs, but it finally went in vain.
Brief Scores: RCB – 161/7 in 20 overs (Parthiv Patel 53, Moeen Ali 26; Deepak Chahar 2/25)
CSK – 160/8 in 20 overs (MS Dhoni 84*, Ambati Rayudu 29; Dale Steyn 2/29)
Result – RCB won by one run
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) RCB won this match by just one run.
- It was the only second time when RCB won by just one run. Earlier, they had beaten Kings XI Punjab by just one run at Mohali on 9th May 2016.
- It was the first victory for RCB against CSK since May 2014. Before this victory, RCB previously beat CSK on 18th May 2014 at Ranchi. After suffering seven straight defeats against CSK, RCB finally managed to beat them in the latest match.
AB de Villiers
i) The former South African international cricketer AB de Villiers played his 150th IPL match.
- AB de Villiers is the first overseas cricketer to play 150 IPL matches.
- AB de Villiers is the 13th cricketer to play 150 or more IPL matches.
i) The left-handed opening batsman Parthiv Patel hit his fourth half-century for RCB.
- Parthiv Patel has scored the second most number of 50+ scores for RCB as a left-handed batsman. While he surpassed Moeen Ali and Yuvraj Singh (both have scored three 50+ scores) during this match, only the former RCB cricketer Chris Gayle (26 times 50+ scores) is ahead of Parthiv Patel.
i) By the end of this match, MS Dhoni has scored 4,040 IPL runs as a captain.
- MS Dhoni is the first IPL captain to score 4,000 runs.
ii) By the end of this match, MS Dhoni has hit 203 sixes in IPL career.
- MS Dhoni is the first Indian to hit 200 IPL sixes.
- MS Dhoni is the third batsman to hit 200+ IPL sixes. The first two batsmen were Chris Gayle (323 sixes) and AB de Villiers (204 sixes).
iii) MS Dhoni has hit 173 IPL sixes for CSK.
- It is the most number of IPL sixes for a CSK batsman. During this match, MS Dhoni surpassed Suresh Raina who has hit 167 IPL sixes for CSK.
iv) By the end of this match, MS Dhoni has scored 805 T20 runs against RCB.
- MS Dhoni is the most T20 run-scorer against RCB. During this match, he surpassed David Warner who has scored 792 T20 runs against RCB
v) MS Dhoni remained not out on 84 runs off 48 balls.
- It is the highest individual score during a match between RCB and CSK at M Chinnaswamy Stadium (Bengaluru). The previous record holder was Ambati Rayudu (CSK) with 82 runs on 25th April 2018.
|Dabang Delhi K.C.||16||13||69|
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||16||7||43|
Shreyas Iyer To Lead Defending Champions Mumbai In Vijay Hazare Trophy, Suryakumar Yadav Named Vice-Captain
India’s limited-overs batsman Shreyas Iyer will be leading defending champions Mumbai in the Vijay Hazare Trophy 2019/20. Iyer was also…
“No Biryani” In The Diet Plan Of Pakistani Cricketers
Newly appointed Head Coach Misbah-ul-Haq is serious for the diet of Pakistan national cricket team. He has proposed to make…