IPL 2019, Match 41: Chennai Super Kings vs Sunrisers Hyderabad – Statistical Highlights
On Tuesday (23rd April) night, the host side Chennai Super Kings (CSK) beat Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) by six wickets (with one ball remaining) at MA Chidambaram Stadium (Chepauk, Chennai).
The host captain MS Dhoni decided to field first after winning the toss. While the visiting side managed to score 175/3 (20 overs) in the first innings, the home team chased down that target in 19.5 overs after losing four wickets.
Brief Scores: SRH – 175/3 in 20 overs (Manish Pandey 83*, David Warner 57; Harbhajan Singh 2/39)
CSK – 176/4 in 19.5 overs (Shane Watson 96, Suresh Raina 38; Bhuvneshwar Kumar 1/18)
Result – CSK won by six wickets
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) SRH scored 175/3 in 20 overs.
- It is the highest T20 total for SRH at MA Chidambaram Stadium (Chennai). Their previous record was 164/6 (20 overs) against CSK on 11th April 2015.
i) CSK has claimed their third successive victory against SRH at MA Chidambaram Stadium (Chennai) after winning this match by six wickets.
- They have maintained their unbeaten record against SRH at this venue. After playing three matches against SRH at Chepauk, CSK has won all the three matches.
i) With his 57 runs, David Warner has scored five consecutive half-centuries in T20 cricket.
- David Warner is the first Australian batsman to play more than four consecutive 50+ scores in T20 career.
- David Warner is the third batsman to score five consecutive 50+ scores in IPL history. Virender Sehwag (for Delhi Daredevils in 2012) and Jos Buttler (for Rajasthan Royals in 2018) were the first two batsmen to achieve this feat in IPL history while no batsman has scored more than five consecutive 50+ scores in this tournament.
- David Warner is the fifth batsman in T20 history to score five consecutive 50+ scores. Other four players were Virender Sehwag, Hamilton Masakadza, Kamran Akmal and Jos Buttler. No batsman has scored more than five consecutive 50+ scores in T20 history.
i) SRH batsman Manish Pandey scored an unbeaten 83 runs.
- It is the third highest individual score by an SRH batsman against CSK.
|David Warner||90||Ranchi||22 May 2014|
|Kane Williamson||84||Hyderabad (Deccan)||22 April 2018|
|Manish Pandey||83*||Chennai||23 April 2019|
i) By the end of this match, Shane Watson has scored 8,027 runs in T20 career.
- Shane Watson is the second Australian batsman to score 8,000+ T20 runs. David Warner was the first Australian cricketer to achieve the feat.
- Shane Watson is the ninth overall batsman to score 8,000+ T20 runs.
ii) Shane Watson has amassed 523 T20 runs against SRH.
- Shane Watson is the leading T20 run-scoring batsman against SRH. During the match, he surpassed Suresh Raina who has scored 518 runs against SRH.
Injury Came as a Needed Break from Cricket – Harmanpreet Kaur
After the controversy during the World T20, the ankle injury was all that Harmanpreet Kaur needed. The controversy that followed…
ICC World Cup 2019 Warm-up, Match 4: India vs New Zealand- Match Prediction
The Men in Blue will start of their World Cup campaign with a warm-up clash against New Zealand slated to…