IPL 2019, Match 43: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Rajasthan Royals – Statistical Highlights
On Thursday (25th April) night, Rajasthan Royals (RR) secured a crucial victory after beating the host side Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) at Eden Gardens (Kolkata). It was their fourth victory in the ongoing IPL 2019.
The home team scored 175/6 (20 overs) after the visiting side decided to field first. In reply, RR chased down that target in 19.2 overs after losing seven wickets.
Brief Scores: KKR – 175/6 in 20 overs (Dinesh Karthik 97*, Nitish Rana 21; Varun Aaron 2/20)
RR – 177/7 in 19.2 overs (Riyan Parag 47, Ajinkya Rahane 34; Piyush Chawla 3/20)
The result – RR won by three wickets
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) KKR managed to score 175/6 in 20 overs.
- It is the second highest total for KKR against RR. Their record is 190/9 (20 overs) at Mumbai (Brabourne Stadium) on 16th May 2015.
ii) KKR lost this match by three wickets.
- It is the sixth consecutive defeat for KKR. Only once they have faced more than six straight losses, and that was nine consecutive defeats in IPL 2009.
i) RR won this match by three wickets.
- It was the second victory for RR against KKR at Eden Gardens (Kolkata). Their first victory was on 20th May 2008 when they beat KKR by six wickets.
- Since May 2015, it was the first victory for RR against KKR. Their previous victory was on 16th May 2015 when RR defeated KKR by nine runs at Brabourne Stadium (Mumbai). Before this win, the Rajasthan franchise suffered four straight losses against the Kolkata franchise.
i) KKR captain Dinesh Karthik scored an unbeaten 97 runs off 50 balls.
- It is the second highest individual score by a KKR batsman. The record is 158* by Brendon McCullum against Royal Challengers Bangalore at Bengaluru on 18th April 2008.
- It is the second highest individual score in a T20 match between KKR and RR. The record is 104* by Shane Watson (RR) at Mumbai (Brabourne Stadium) on 16th May 2015.
i) By the end of this match, Steven Smith has scored 2,000 IPL runs.
- Steven Smith is the fifth Australian batsman to score 2,000 IPL runs. The first four Australian batsmen to achieve this feat were David Warner (4,588 runs), Shane Watson (3,420 runs), Shaun Marsh (2,477 runs) and Adam Gilchrist (2,069 runs).
i) RR batsman Riyan Parag lost his wicket owing to the hit wicket after scoring 47 runs.
- Riyan Parag is the 10th batsman in IPL history to lose the wicket through the hit wicket.
ICC World Cup 2019: Ben Stokes to Receive Knighthood for his World Cup Heroics
Following a brilliant unbeaten 84-run knock off 98 balls, England all-rounder is being touted to be knighted following a special…
Windies vs India 2019: Selectors To Pick Indian Team On July 19th
After the heartbreak in ICC World Cup 2019, the Indian National Cricket Team will be touring Windies to lock horns…