Want to be a professional cricketer?
On Saturday (27th April) night, the host side Rajasthan Royals (RR) claimed an important seven-wicket victory (with five balls remaining) against Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) at Sawai Mansingh Stadium (Jaipur). Here we are with some statistical highlights of this match.
The home captain Steven Smith decided to field first after winning the toss. The visiting side SRH was restricted to 160/8 (20 overs) in the first innings. In reply, the home team chased down that target in 19.1 overs after losing three wickets.
Brief Scores: SRH – 160/8 in 20 overs (Manish Pandey 61, David Warner 37; Jaydev Unadkat 2/26)
RR – 161/3 in 19.1 overs (Sanju Samson 48*, Liam Livingstone 44; Shakib Al Hasan 1/26)
Result – RR won by seven wickets
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) SRH managed to score 160/8 (20 overs).
- It is the third highest total for SRH against RR. Their top two totals are 201/5 (19 overs) at Hyderabad (Deccan) on 29th March 2019 and 201/4 (20 overs) at Mumbai (Brabourne Stadium) on 7th May 2015.
i) RR won this match by seven wickets.
- It is the first victory for RR against SRH since April 2015. Their previous victory was at Visakhapatnam on 16th April 2015. Since then, RR suffered four straight defeats against SRH before their latest victory.
- It is the second largest victory (by wickets) for RR against SRH. Their record is winning by eight wickets at Jaipur on 27th April 2013.
i) SRH opener David Warner is holding the Orange Cap in the ongoing IPL 2019 as he has scored 611 runs in 11 matches. After 2016 and 2017, it is his third IPL season for him to score 600+ runs.
- After Chris Gayle (2011, 2012 and 2013), David Warner is the second batsman to score 600+ runs in three different IPL seasons. No other batsman has scored 600+ runs in more than two different IPL seasons.
i) SRH batsman Manish Pandey scored 61 runs.
- It is the second highest individual score by an Indian batsman for SRH against RR. The record is 78* by Shikhar Dhawan at Hyderabad (Deccan) on 9th April 2018.
- It is the second highest individual score by an SRH batsman against RR at Sawai Mansingh Stadium (Jaipur). The record is 63 by Kane Williamson on 29th April 2018.
i) By the end of this match, the left-arm pacer Jaydev Unadkat has picked up 13 T20 wickets against SRH.
- Jaydev Unadkat is the leading T20 wicket-taker as a left-arm bowler against SRH. During this match, he surpassed the left-arm pacer James Faulkner who has picked up 12 T20 wickets against this side.