On Sunday (28th April) evening, the host side Delhi Capitals (DC) claimed a 16-run victory against Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) at Feroz Shah Kotla (Delhi). With this result, DC has qualified for the IPL 2019 playoffs. Here we are with some statistical highlights of this match.
After the home team decided to bat first, they scored 187/5 (20 overs). In reply, the visiting side RCB managed to score 171/7 (20 overs)
Brief Scores: DC – 187/5 in 20 overs (Shreyas Iyer 52, Shikhar Dhawan 50; Yuzvendra Chahal 2/41)
RCB – 171/7 in 20 overs (Parthiv Patel 39, Marcus Stoinis 32*; Amit Mishra 2/29)
Result – DC won by 16 runs
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) DC scored 187/5 in 20 overs.
- It is the joint second highest first-innings total for the Delhi franchise against RCB (187/5 in 20 overs at Bengaluru on 17th May 2015). Their record is 191/5 (20 overs) at Delhi on 30 April 2008.
ii) DC won this match by 16 runs.
- It was the first victory for the Delhi franchise against RCB at Feroz Shah Kotla (Delhi) since April 2010. Before this victory, their previous victory was on 4th April 2010. Since then, the Delhi franchise suffered six straight defeats against RCB at this venue before their latest victory.
iii) With this victory, DC secured their spot for the playoffs in the ongoing IPL 2019.
- Since 2012, it is the first time when the Delhi franchise qualifies for the IPL playoffs.
i) This 50 runs innings was Shikhar Dhawan’s 37th IPL half-century (he hasn’t scored any T20 century yet).
- Shikhar Dhawan has scored the joint third most number of 50+ scores in IPL history. Suresh Raina has also scored 37 times 50+ scores in IPL career (one century and 36 half-centuries). David Warner (four centuries and 43 half-centuries) and Virat Kohli (five centuries and 36 half-centuries) are on top two positions in this list with 47 and 41 times 50+ scores respectively in IPL career.
ii) By the end of this match, Shikhar Dhawan has scored 4,509 IPL runs.
- Shikhar Dhawan is the fifth batsman to score 4,500+ IPL runs. The other four batsmen are Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma and David Warner.
i) The right-handed batsman Shreyas Iyer has scored 13 times 50+ scores for the Delhi franchise.
- Shreyas Iyer has scored the second most number of 50+ scores for the Delhi franchise. While he surpassed David Warner (12 times 50+ scores) in this list, only Virender Sehwag is now ahead of him with 18 times 50+ scores for this Delhi franchise.
i) By the end of this match, Virat Kohli has scored 5,020 IPL runs in India.
- Virat Kohli is the first batsman to score 5,000 IPL runs in India.
i) DC wicketkeeper Rishabh Pant has made 20 dismissals (15 catches and five stumpings) in this IPL season.
- It is the most number of dismissals by a wicketkeeper in an IPL season. The previous record holder was Adam Gilchrist with 19 dismissals (17 catches and two stumpings) for Deccan Chargers in IPL 2011.
i) DC pacer Kagiso Rabada has picked up 25 wickets in the ongoing IPL 2019.
- It is the joint most wickets for a bowler from the Delhi franchise in an IPL season. In IPL 2012, Morne Morkel also bagged 25 wickets for this side.