IPL 2019, Match 51: Mumbai Indians vs Sunrisers Hyderabad – Statistical Highlights
On Thursday (2nd May) night, the host side Mumbai Indians (MI) snatched a thrilling victory against Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) at Wankhede Stadium (Mumbai). After that match was tied, the host side secured a victory in the one-over eliminator. Here we are with some statistical highlights of this match.
The home team captain Rohit Sharma decided to bat first after winning the toss. While MI scored 162/5 (20 overs) in the first innings, SRH replied with 162/6 at the end of 20 overs. In the Super Over, SRH scored 8/2 (0.4 overs) while the host side successfully chased down that target in three balls without losing any wicket (9/0).
Brief Scores: MI – 162/5 in 20 overs (Quinton de Kock 69*, Rohit Sharma 24; Khaleel Ahmed 3/42)
SRH – 162/6 in 20 overs (Manish Pandey 71*, Mohammad Nabi 31; Hardik Pandya 2/20)
Result – MI won this match in the one-over eliminator
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) MI managed to score 162/5 in 20 overs.
- It is the second largest T20 total for MI against SRH. Their record is 184/3 (19.3 overs) at Mumbai on 13th May 2013.
ii) MI won this match in the Super Over.
- It is the second victory for MI in the Super Over. Their first Super Over contest was against now-defunct Gujarat Lions (GL) at Rajkot on 29th April 2017 and it was also their first Super Over victory.
- It was the ninth Super Over match in IPL history.
i) SRH lost this match in the one-over eliminator.
- It is the first defeat for SRH in the one-over eliminator. Earlier, they played another one-over eliminator which was against Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) at Hyderabad (Deccan) on 7th April 2013. At the end of that one-over eliminator, SRH beat RCB.
Quinton de Kock
i) MI opening batsman Quinton de Kock scored an unbeaten 69-run.
- It is the second highest individual score by an MI batsman against SRH. The record is 78 runs by Kieron Pollard at Dubai (DSC) on 30th April 2014.
ii) By the end of this match, Quinton de Kock has scored 462 runs in IPL 2019.
- It is the second most runs for a left-handed MI batsman in an IPL season. Only Sanath Jayasuriya is ahead of him with 514 runs in IPL 2008.
- It is the third most runs for an MI overseas cricketer in an IPL season. Only Lendl Simmons (540 runs in IPL 2015) and Sanath Jayasuriya (514 runs in IPL 2008) are ahead of him.
i) SRH batsman Manish Pandey scored an unbeaten 71-run off 47 balls.
- It is the fourth highest individual score by an SRH batsman against MI.
|David Warner||90*||Hyderabad (Deccan)||18th April 2016|
|Shikhar Dhawan||82*||Visakhapatnam||8th May 2016|
|Shikhar Dhawan||73*||Hyderabad (Deccan)||1st May 2013|
|Manish Pandey||71*||Mumbai||2nd May 2019|
|Dabang Delhi K.C.||16||13||69|
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||16||7||43|
India Vs South Africa 2019/20: Second T20I – Match Preview, Weather Forecast, Stats Preview
The opening T20I of the three-match T20I series between the hosts India and the visitors South Africa at Dharamshala had…
Darren Stevens Manages To Enter Record Book After Scoring Double-Century At The Age Of 43-Year-Old
The 43-year-old Kent all-rounder Darren Stevens entered to the record book after scoring an incredible quick-fire double-century in a first-class…