Want to be a professional cricketer?
On Friday (3rd May) night, Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) claimed their crucial victory against the home side Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) at Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium (Mohali). The visiting won that match by seven wickets (with 12 balls to spare). Here we are with some statistical highlights of this match.
After the visiting side decided to bowl first, KXIP managed to score 183/6 (20 overs) in the first innings, In reply, the Kolkata franchise chased down that target in 18 overs after losing three wickets.
Brief Scores: KXIP – 183/6 in 20 overs (Sam Curran 55*, Nicholas Pooran 48; Sandeep Warrier 2/31)
KKR – 185/3 in 18 overs (Shubman Gill 65*, Chris Lynn 46; Mohammed Shami 1/15)
Result – KKR won by seven wickets
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) The home team KXIP scored 183/6 in 20 overs.
- It is the highest total for KXIP against KKR at Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium (Mohali). Their previous record was 178/6 (20 overs) on 3rd May 2008.
i) In the second innings, KKR successfully chased down the target (184 runs) as they scored 185/3 in 18 overs.
- It is the highest total for KKR against KXIP at Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium (Mohali). Their previous record was 183/5 (20 overs) on 27th March 2010.
i) The Caribbean cricketer Sunil Narine played his 109th IPL match for KKR.
- It is the most number of IPL matches for a KKR player. During this match, Sunil Narine surpassed the previous record holder Gautam Gambhir who played 108 IPL matches for this side.
i) By the end of this match, Mandeep Singh has scored 1,518 IPL runs.
- Mandeep Singh is the 45th batsman to score 1,500+ IPL runs.
i) KKR cricketer Andre Russell has scored 510 runs in this IPL season.
- It is the most runs for an overseas batsman for KKR in an IPL season. Chris Lynn was the previous record holder with 491 runs in IPL 2018.
- It is the fourth time when a KKR batsman scored 500+ runs in an IPL season.
KKR batsmen who have scored 500 or more runs in an IPL season
|Player||Matches (Innings)||Runs scored||Highest Score||Average||Strike-rate||100s/50s||Year|
|Robin Uthappa||16 (16)||660||83*||44.00||137.78||0/5||2014|
|Gautam Gambhir||17 (17)||590||93||36.87||143.55||0/6||2012|
|Andre Russell||13 (12)||510||80*||63.75||205.64||0/4||2019|
|Gautam Gambhir||15 (15)||501||90*||38.53||121.89||0/5||2016|