IPL 2019, Qualifier 1: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings – Stats Preview
On Tuesday (7th May) night, Mumbai Indians (MI) and Chennai Super Kings (CSK) will meet in the Qualifier 1 of IPL 2019 at MA Chidambaram Stadium (Chepauk, Chennai).
At the end of the League Stage of IPL 2019, MI and CSK both earned 18 points, but MI finished on top of the points table due to the higher net run-rate than CSK. Meanwhile, CSK finished in the second position in the IPL 2019 points table.
Before their crucial meeting in the Qualifier 1 of IPL 2019, let’s look at some vital stats preview of the match.
Teams’ forms in IPL 2019
Recent results (in last five matches)
MI (oldest to latest) – Lost, Won, Lost, Won (in Super Over) and Won
CSK (oldest to latest) – Lost, Won, Lost, Won and Lost
|Top run-scorer||Quinton de Kock (492 wickets)||MS Dhoni (368 runs)|
|Top wicket-taker||Jasprit Bumrah (17 wickets)||Imran Tahir (21 wickets)|
Head-to-head records between MI and CSK
|Stats||Matches||MI won||CSK won||Tied/No Result|
|At MA Chidambaram Stadium (Chepauk, Chennai)||7||5||2||0/0|
|In the last 10 matches||10||6||4||0/0|
|In IPL 2019||2||2||0||0/0|
- MI won all their last three matches against CSK. The Chennai franchise last time beat the Mumbai franchise on 7th April 2018 at Mumbai.
Important stats between MI and CSK
|Stats||MI (vs CSK)||CSK (vs MI)|
|Highest total||202/7 (20 overs) at Chennai on 23rd April 2008 & 202/5 at Kolkata on 24th May 2015||208/5 (20 overs) at Chennai on 23rd April 2008|
|Lowest completed total||139/5 (20 overs) at Mumbai on 5th May 2013||79 (15.2 overs) at Mumbai on 5th May 2013|
|Largest victory (by runs)||60 runs at Mumbai on 5th May 2013||48 runs at Delhi on 21st May 2013|
|Largest victory (by wickets)||9 wickets at Mumbai on 14th May 2008||7 wickets for thrice|
|Stats||MI (vs CSK)||CSK (vs MI)|
|Highest individual score||114* by Sanath Jayasuriya at Mumbai on 14th May 2008||86* by Michael Hussey at Delhi on 21st May 2013|
|Best bowling figures||5/18 by Harbhajan Singh at Mumbai on 22nd April 2011||4/14 by Mohit Sharma at Dubai (DSC) on 25th April 2014|
|Most runs scored||627 runs by Rohit Sharma||717 runs by Suresh Raina|
|Most wickets||36 wickets by Lasith Malinga||27 wickets by Dwayne Bravo|
Other important stats
- Rohit Sharma (3,982 runs) is 18 runs away to complete his 4,000 T20 runs for MI. He will be the first batsman to score 4,000 T20 runs for this franchise.
- Wicketkeeper-batsman Quinton de Kock (492 runs) is eight runs away to complete his 500 runs in this IPL season. He will be the third MI overseas batsman to score 500 or more runs in an IPL season. Meanwhile, it will be the eighth time when an MI batsman will score 500 or more runs in an IPL season.
- Quinton de Kock (1,419 runs) is 81 runs away to complete his 1,500 IPL runs.
- The all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja will play his 100th IPL match for CSK. After Suresh Raina and MS Dhoni, Jadeja will be the third player to play 100 or more IPL matches for this side.
- The left-arm spinner Ravindra Jadeja (106 wickets) is one wicket away to become the most IPL wicket-taker as a left-arm bowler. At present, he is the joint most wicket-taker in IPL history as a left-arm bowler along with the former left-arm pacer Ashish Nehra (106 wickets).
- Ravindra Jadeja (148 wickets) needs to take two more wickets to complete his 150 T20 wickets.
- Caribbean middle-order batsman Dwayne Bravo (299 sixes) is one six away to complete his 300 T20 sixes.
- Dwayne Bravo (1,468 runs) is 32 runs away to complete his 1,500 IPL runs.
- Dwayne Bravo (912 runs) needs to score 88 more runs to complete his 1,000 IPL runs for CSK.
- Caribbean medium-pacer Dwayne Bravo (49 wickets) needs to take one more wicket to complete his 50 T20 wickets at MA Chidambaram Stadium (Chepauk, Chennai). After the Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin (51 wickets), Bravo will be the second bowler to pick up 50 or more T20 wickets at this venue.
- Dwayne Bravo (145 wickets) is five wickets away to complete his 150 IPL wickets.
- Off-spinner Harbhajan Singh (147 wickets) is three wickets away to complete his 150 IPL wickets.
- The South African leg-spinner Imran Tahir (298 wickets) is two wickets away to complete his 300 T20 wickets.
Sourav Ganguly Visits Belur Math To Hand Over Donations
Former Indian captain and present Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) President Sourav Ganguly has recently visited Belur Math to hand over the donation amid coronavirus pandemic. Sourav Ganguly was one of the best captains in Indian cricket history. During the crisis period…
Yuvraj Singh Opens Up on The Side Effect of IPL on Youngsters
Former Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh has taken a dig at the Indian Premier League (IPL) for diverting the focus of the youngsters from the red-ball cricket. The veteran urges the upcoming generation to take Test cricket as their first choice option in a bid to…