IPL 2019: Qualifier 2 – Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Capitals – Stats Preview
On Friday (10th May) night, Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Delhi Capitals (DC) will face each other in the Qualifier 2 of IPL 2019 at Dr Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium (Visakhapatnam). The winner of this match will qualify for the final of IPL 2019 where they will meet Mumbai Indians (MI) at Hyderabad (Deccan) on this Sunday (12th May) night.
Before their crucial meeting in the Qualifier 2 of IPL 2019, let’s look at some vital stats preview of the match.
Teams’ forms in IPL 2019
Recent results (in last five matches)
CSK (oldest to latest) –Won, Lost, Won, Lost and Lost
DC (oldest to latest) – Won, Won, Lost, Won and Won
|Top run-scorer||MS Dhoni (405 runs)||Shikhar Dhawan (503 runs)|
|Top wicket-taker||Imran Tahir (23 wickets)||Kagiso Rabada (25 wickets)|
Head-to-head records between CSK and DC
|Stats||Matches||CSK won||DC won||Tied/No Result|
|At Dr Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium (Visakhapatnam)||–||–||–||–|
|In the last 10 matches||10||8||2||0/0|
|In IPL 2019||2||2||0||0/0|
Important stats between CSK and DC
|Stats||CSK (vs DC)||DC (vs CSK)|
|Highest total||222/5 (20 overs) at Chennai on 25th May 2012||198/5 (20 overs) at Pune on 30th April 2018|
|Lowest completed total||110/8 (20) at Delhi on 10th April 2012||83 (17.3 overs) at Delhi on 18th April 2013|
|Largest victory (by runs)||93 runs at Abu Dhabi on 21st April 2014||34 runs at Delhi on 18th May 2018|
|Largest victory (by wickets)||9 wickets at Chennai on 12th May 2012||8 wickets for twice|
|Stats||CSK (vs DC)||DC (vs CSK)|
|Highest individual score||113 by Murali Vijay at Chennai on 25th May 2012||105* by AB de Villiers at Durban on 23rd April 2009|
|Best bowling figures||4/12 by Imran Tahir at Chennai on 1st May 2019||3/26 by Ashish Nehra at Chennai on 15th April 2010|
|Most runs scored||520 runs by MS Dhoni||233 runs by Virender Sehwag|
|Most wickets||17 wickets by Ravichandran Ashwin||8 wickets by Amit Mishra|
Other important stats
- Off-spinner Harbhajan Singh (148 wickets) is two wickets away to complete his 150 IPL wickets. Till the date, only three bowlers have taken 150 or more IPL wickets.
- Leg-spinner Imran Tahir has taken 23 wickets in IPL 2019. With two more wickets, he will become the most wicket-taker in an IPL season as a spinner. Off-spinners Sunil Narine (Kolkata Knight Riders – IPL 2012) and Harbhajan Singh (Mumbai Indians – IPL 2013) once took 24 wickets in an IPL season.
- Right-handed middle-order batsman Dwayne Bravo (1,468 runs) is 32 runs away to complete his 1,500 IPL runs.
- Caribbean middle-order batsman Dwayne Bravo (912 runs) is 88 runs away to complete his 1,000 IPL runs for CSK. Till the date, seven CSK cricketers (including three overseas players) have scored 1,000 IPL runs.
- Right-arm pacer Dwayne Bravo (145 wickets) is five wickets away to complete his 150 IPL wickets. After Sri Lankan pacer Lasith Malinga (169 wickets), Bravo will be the second overseas bowler to pick up 150 IPL wickets.
- Left-handed batsman Ravindra Jadeja (1,922 runs) is 78 runs away to complete his 2,000 IPL runs.
- Left-arm spinner Ravindra Jadeja (106 wickets) needs to take one more wicket to become the most IPL wicket-taker as a left-arm bowler. He is currently the joint most wicket-taker in IPL history as a left-arm bowler along with the former left-arm pacer Ashish Nehra (106 wickets).
- Ravindra Jadeja (148 wickets) is two wickets away to complete his 150 T20 wickets.
- It will be Shreyas Iyer’s 24th IPL match as a captain for the Delhi franchise. Surpassing Zaheer Khan (23 IPL matches as captain for the Delhi franchise), Iyer will become the second most-capped IPL captain for this Delhi franchise. Only Virender Sehwag will be ahead of Iyer with 52 IPL matches as a captain for the Delhi franchise.
- New Zealand left-arm pacer Trent Boult (22 wickets) needs to take one more wicket to become the leading IPL wicket-taker for the Delhi franchise as a left-arm overseas bowler. Left-arm pacer Dirk Nannes also bagged 22 IPL wickets for this side.
- Leg-spinner Amit Mishra (96 IPL wickets for DC and 246 T20 wickets) is four wickets away to complete his 100 IPL wickets for the Delhi franchise as well as 250 wickets in T20 career.
India vs Bangladesh: First Test Match – Match Preview, Match Prediction, Weather Forecast, Predicted XI, Where To Watch
After losing the T20I series, Bangladesh will move forward to mark the victory in Test series against India. The visitors are touring without their experienced players, on the other hand, India has also admitted new members in the squad. India vs Bangladesh first Test match:…
Original Plan For Donald Trump Vs. Vince McMahon At WWE Wrestlemania 23
We have seen an infamous ‘Battle of Billionaires’ back at WrestleMania 23 where Donald Trump had a culmination of rivalry against WWE Chairman, Vince McMahon. A stipulation was set for the match that forced the loser name to have his head shaved. The one turned…