Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) claimed a big win on Wednesday (21st October) night after registering a thrashing eight-wicket victory against Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) at Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium (Abu Dhabi).
After winning the toss, Kolkata Knight Riders captain Eoin Morgan decided to bat first but his team only managed to score 84/8 (20 overs) at the end of the first innings. Royal Challengers Bangalore chased down that target in 13.3 overs after losing two wickets.
Brief Scores: KKR – 84/8 in 20 overs (Eoin Morgan 30, Lockie Ferguson 19*; Mohammed Siraj 3/8)
RCB – 85/2 in 13.3 overs (Devdutt Padikkal 25, Gurkeerat Singh Mann 21*; Lockie Ferguson 1/17)
The Results – RCB won by 8 wickets
IPL 2020, Match 39: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore (KKR vs RCB) – Statistical Highlights
Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) – lowest IPL total after batting full 20 overs
i) Kolkata Knight Riders scored 84/8 in 20 overs.
- It is the lowest completed total in IPL history when the team batted full 20 overs. The previous record in this list was 92/8 (20 overs) by Kings XI Punjab against Chennai Super Kings at Durban on 20th May 2009.
- It was the second-lowest completed total for Kolkata Knight Riders. Their record lowest completed total was 67 (15.2 overs) against Mumbai Indians at Mumbai on 16th May 2008.
Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) – most maiden overs in an innings
i) In the first innings of this match, RCB bowlers managed to claim a total of four maiden overs.
- It is the first time in IPL history when a team managed to deliver more than two maiden overs in an innings.
Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR)
Eoin Morgan – 300th T20 match
i) English cricketer Eoin Morgan played his 300th T20 match.
- Eoin Morgan became the third English cricketer to play 300 T20s. Ravi Bopara (368 T20s) and Luke Wright (325 T20s) were the first two English cricketers to achieve this feat before former Irish cricketer Morgan.
Kuldeep Yadav – 50th T20 match for Kolkata Knight Riders
i) Kuldeep Yadav played his 50th T20 match for KKR.
- Kuldeep Yadav became the 12th cricketer to play 50 T20s for KKR.
Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB)
Mohammed Siraj – most maiden overs in a match, best bowling figures
i) The right-arm pacer Mohammed Siraj had the bowling figures of 4-2-8-3.
- Mohammed Siraj became the first bowler in IPL history to manage more than one maiden over in an IPL match.
- It was the best bowling figures by an RCB bowler against KKR. The previous record was 3/16 while the pacer Varun Aaron and leg-spinner Yuzvendra Chahal managed to achieve those figures for once each.