In the first game on Saturday (24th October), Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) thrashed Delhi Capitals (DC) by 59 runs at Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium (Abu Dhabi).
After winning the toss, Delhi Capitals captain Shreyas Iyer decided to bowl first. KKR scored 194/6 (20 overs) at the end of the first innings. In reply, Delhi Capitals managed to score 135/9 (20 overs).
Brief Scores: KKR – 194/6 in 20 overs (Nitish Rana 81, Sunil Narine 64; Anrich Nortje 2/27)
DC – 135/9 in 20 overs (Shreyas Iyer 47, Rishabh Pant 27; Varun Chakravarthy 5/20)
The Results – KKR won by 59 runs
IPL 2020, Match 42: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Delhi Capitals (KKR vs DC) – Statistical Highlights
Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) – one of the greatest victories
i) Kolkata Knight Riders scored 194/6 (20 overs) in the first innings.
- It was the third-highest total for KKR against Delhi Capitals. Their top two records in this list are 210/8 in 20 overs (at Sharjah on 3rd October 2020) and 200/9 in 20 overs (at Kolkata on 16th April 2018).
ii) Kolkata Knight Riders won by 59 runs.
- It was the second-largest victory (by runs) for Kolkata Knight Riders against Delhi Capitals. Their record victory margin in this list is winning by 71 runs at Kolkata on 16th April 2018.
- With that victory, Kolkata Knight Riders ended their four-match losing streak against Delhi Capitals.
Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR)
Nitish Rana – highest score against Delhi Capitals
i) Opener Nitish Rana scored 81 runs.
- It is the highest individual score by a batsman from Kolkata Knight Riders against Delhi Capitals. The previous record was 74 by Morne van Wyk at Durban on 5th May 2009.
Varun Chakravarthy – 2nd best bowling figures
i) The leg-spinner Varun Chakravarthy had the bowling figures of 4-0-20-5.
- It was the first five-wicket haul in the IPL 2020.
- It was the second-best bowling figures by a bowler from Kolkata Knight Riders against any team. The record is 4-0-19-5 by Sunil Narine against Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) at Kolkata on 15th April 2012.
- It was also the second-best bowling figures for a bowler against Delhi Capitals. The record is 3.4-1-13-5 by Lasith Malinga (Mumbai Indians) at Delhi on 10th April 2011.
Kagiso Rabada – 25th straight IPL matches with at least one wicket
i) Pacer Kagiso Rabada had the bowling figures of 4-0-33-2.
- It was the 25th consecutive IPL innings for Kagiso Rabada to pick up at least one wicket.
Rishabh Pant – 100 IPL sixes
i) The left-handed batsman Rishabh Pant has hit 100 IPL sixes.
- Rishabh Pant became the first batsman to hit 100 T20 sixes for Delhi Capitals.
- Rishabh Pant became the fourth Indian left-handed batsman to hit 100 IPL sixes. The other three batsmen in this list are Suresh Raina (194 sixes), Yuvraj Singh (149 sixes) and Shikhar Dhawan (106 sixes).