Ireland ODI Tri-Series 2019 (Match 2): Windies vs Bangladesh – Statistical Highlights
On Tuesday (7th May), Bangladesh claimed a comfortable eight-wicket ODI victory (with 30 balls remaining) against Windies at Castle Avenue (Dublin). Here we are with some statistical highlights of this match.
After winning the toss, Windies captain Jason Holder decided to bat first. Despite getting a good start, Windies managed to score 261/9 (50 overs) due to their late batting collapse. In reply, The Tigers chased down that target comfortably in 45 overs after losing just both their openers.
Brief Scores: Windies – 261/9 in 50 overs (Shai Hope 109, Roston Chase 51; Mashrafe Mortaza 3/49)
Bangladesh – 264/2 in 45 overs (Tamim Iqbal 80, Soumya Sarkar 73; Roston Chase 11/51)
Result – Bangladesh won by eight wickets
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) Windies added only 56 runs for the last seven wickets.
- It is Windies’ second-lowest runs addition for the last seven wickets against Bangladesh. The lowest record is adding just 27 runs for the last seven wickets at Chattogram on 19th October 2011.
i) Bangladesh won this match by eight wickets.
- It is the first ODI victory for Bangladesh against Windies on the neutral venues.
- It is the joint largest ODI victory (by wickets) for Bangladesh against any team on the neutral venues. On 25th February 2007, they beat Bermuda by eight wickets at St John’s.
- It is the joint largest ODI victory (by wickets) for Bangladesh against Windies. Previously, they beat Windies by eight wickets for twice.
i) By the end of this match, Bangladesh pacer Mashrafe Mortaza has picked up 413 List A wickets.
- Mashrafe Mortaza is the leading wicket-taker in Bangladesh List A cricket history. During this match, Mortaza surpassed the left-arm spinner Abdur Razzaq who has taken 411 List A wickets.
ii) Bangladesh captain Mashrafe Mortaza had the bowling figures of 10-0-49-3.
- It is the best bowling figures by a Bangladesh bowler against Windies on the neutral venues. The previous record was 10-0-62-3 by the left-arm pacer Manjurul Islam at Benoni on 18th February 2003.
i) Playing his 47th ODI innings, Shai Hope completed his 2,000 ODI runs as he has scored 2056 ODI runs.
- Shai Hope is the fastest Windies batsman (by the number of ODI innings) to complete 2,000 ODI runs. He broke the record of Sir Viv Richards who had achieved this feat in 48 ODI innings.
ii) Windies batsman Shai Hope (109 runs) scored a century in this match.
- It is the third consecutive ODI century for Shai Hope against Bangladesh.
iii) Shai Hope scored 109 runs off 132 balls.
- It is the highest individual ODI score by a Windies batsman against Bangladesh on the neutral venues. The previous record was 104* by Chris Gayle at Jaipur on 11th October 2006.
|Dabang Delhi K.C.||22||15||85|
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||22||9||58|
Misbah-Ul-Haq Unhappy On Some Pakistan Players’ Training Attitude
Pakistan Head Coach and chief selector, Misbah-ul-Haq has felt very disappointed after observing a lack of discipline among the cricketers….
Shoaib Akhtar Remarks Virat Kohli As Best And Fearless Captain
Former Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar is in all praise for Virat Kohli after India won the second Test match…