Ireland ODI Tri-Series 2019 (Match 4): Ireland vs Windies – Statistical Highlights
On Saturday (11th May), Windies secured an impressive victory against the host side Ireland in the high-scoring ODI at The Village (Malahide, Dublin). With this victory, Windies has secured their place for the Final of the ongoing tri-series.
After the Ireland captain William Porterfield decided to bat first, Ireland managed to score 327/5 (50 overs). In reply, Windies chased down that big total in 47.5 overs after losing five wickets.
Brief Scores: Ireland – 327/5 in 50 overs (Andy Balbirnie 135, Paul Stirling 77; Shannon Gabriel 2/47)
Windies – 331/5 in 47.5 overs (Sunil Ambris 148, Roston Chase 46; Boyd Rankin 3/65)
Result – Windies won by five wickets
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) Ireland scored 327/5 (50 overs) in the first innings.
- It is the highest ODI total for Ireland against Windies. Their previous record was 307/6 (45.5 overs) at Nelson on 16th February 2015.
- It is the second highest ODI total for Ireland at home. Their record is 328/6 (50 overs) against Canada at Dublin (Castle Avenue) on 19th September 2011.
- It is the fifth highest ODI total for Ireland.
i) Windies successfully chased down the 328 runs target (331/5 in 47.5 overs).
- It is the highest successful ODI chasing for Windies against any team. Their previous record was successfully chasing 309 runs target (309/6 in 49 overs) against Pakistan at Providence on 7th April 2017.
- It is the highest successful ODI chasing in Ireland. The previous record was successfully chasing 271 runs target by Bangladesh (271/5 in 48.2 overs) against New Zealand at Dublin (Castle Avenue) on 24th May 2017.
i) Ireland no.3 batsman Andy Balbirnie scored 135 runs off 124 balls.
- Andy Balbirnie is the first Ireland batsman to score an ODI century against Windies. The previous best was 92 runs by Paul Stirling at Nelson on 16th February 2015.
- It is the second highest individual ODI score by an Ireland batsman at home. The record holder is Ed Joyce with the score of 160* against Afghanistan at Belfast on 19th July 2016.
- It is the sixth highest individual ODI score by an Ireland batsman.
i) Windies opener Sunil Ambris scored 148 runs off 126 balls in the second innings that helped them to chase the 328 runs target successfully.
- It is the second highest individual score by a Windies batsman in the second innings of their away ODI match (excluding neutral venues). The record is 149* by Shivnarine Chanderpaul against India at Nagpur on 21st January 2007.
- It is the joint fourth highest individual score by a Windies batsman in the second innings of an ODI match.
Aakash Chopra Picks Current Fab Four; Steven Smith, Joe Root Miss Out
The gentleman’s game has seen a plethora of cricketers coming through the ranks to play at the highest level. However, only very few cricketers have been consistent across formats. There has been a common perception in the modern era that the fab four is Virat…
New Zealand’s Tactic Against Jasprit Bumrah Will be Adopted by Other Teams: Shane Bond
New Zealand and India will lock horns with each other for a rivetting two-match Test series and the first of which is scheduled to be played at Basin Reserve in Wellington on February 21 (Friday). The big outfield in Wellington which makes it quite easier…