On Wednesday (28th October) evening, the 26-year-old right-arm pacer Jasprit Bumrah becomes the first Indian pacer to pick up 200 T20 wickets.
Jasprit Bumrah becomes the first Indian pace bowler to manage 200 T20 wickets during the 48th match of the IPL 2020 where his team Mumbai Indians (MI) was playing against Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) at Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium (Abu Dhabi).
Before that match, Bumrah managed to pick up 199 wickets in 168 T20s. The right-arm pacer was only one wicket away to become the first Indian pacer to pick up 200 T20 wickets and he reached this milestone during this 48th match of the IPL 2020. In the first innings of this match, Bumrah dismissed RCB captain Virat Kohli and completed his 200 T20 wickets in his 169th T20 match.
In the meantime, Bumrah became the sixth Indian bowler to pick up 200 wickets in T20 career. All other five Indian bowlers, who already managed to pick up 200+ T20 wickets, are the right-arm spinners.
In this match, Bumrah finished with the incredible bowling figures of 4-1-14-3 as he has taken 202 T20 wickets.
Most T20 wickets from India (Top 10)
|Ravichandran Ashwin||Right-arm offbreak||244|
|Harbhajan Singh||Right-arm offbreak||235|
|Yuzvendra Chahal||Legbreak googly||205|
|Jasprit Bumrah||Right-arm fast||202|
|R Vinay Kumar||Right-arm medium||194|
|Bhuvneshwar Kumar||Right-arm medium||185|
|Irfan Pathan||Left-arm medium-fast||173|
|Jaydev Unadkat||Left-arm medium||172|
Jasprit Bumrah also completed his 100 IPL wickets
Virat Kohli’s dismissal was also Jasprit Bumrah’s 100th IPL wicket, which he all achieved for Mumbai Indians. With that wicket, Bumrah became the second Indian pacer to take 100 IPL wickets for a team. Bhuvneshwar Kumar was the first Indian pacer to claim 100 IPL wickets for a team as he has taken 112 IPL wickets for SunRisers Hyderabad (SRH).
Here are some crucial stats after Jasprit Bumrah completed his 100 IPL wickets:
- Second Indian pacer to take 100 IPL wickets for a team.
- Fifth Indian bowler to claim 100 IPL wickets for a team.
- Fourth overall pacer to claim 100 IPL wickets for a team.
- The eighth bowler to claim 100 IPL wickets for a team.
- Seventh Indian pacer to take 100 IPL wickets.
- 13th Indian bowler to pick up 100 IPL wickets.
- 16th overall bowler to manage 100 IPL wickets.
- Completing that feat in just 26 years and 327 days, he also became the third-youngest bowler to claim 100 IPL wickets. The top two bowlers in this list are Piyush Chawla (26 years and 117 days) and Bhuvneshwar Kumar (26 years and 133 days).