The Lodha Committee report on changes in the structure of BCCI was submitted in supreme court on Monday. It was expected that many important issues would be talked in this report, which happened finally.
Rajendra Mal Lodha is the leader of the Lodha Committee. The committee was formed on 22nd January 2015 by the Supreme Court. It was formed after the Mudgal committee submitted reports about the IPL 2013 scandal.
Earlier the Lodha Committee had suspended Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Rajasthan Royals (RR) for two years from the IPL.
The committee comprises of retired supreme court judges Ashok Bhan and R Raveendran along with the leader RM Lodha. The committee was formed for taking a decision about the two franchise teams (CSK and RR) along with the recommendation reports of restructuring of BCCI and fate of Sunder Raman, IPL COO.
Following are the details of the Lodha committee reports:
- Legalisation of betting.
- A steering committee headed by former Home Secretary G K Pillai with Mohinder Amarnath, Diana Eduljee and Anil Kumble.
- An electoral officer who would be nominated at least two weeks before dates of elections.
- The relegation of Railways, Services and Universities as Associate members. They also lose voting rights.
- BCCI to come under RTI Act.
- One person one post. Also no proxy voting of individuals.
- No BCCI office-bearer can have more than two consecutive terms.
- No BCCI office-bearer can be Minister or government servant.
- In no case, President will hold the post for more than 2 years.
- The constitution and establishment of a players association.
- Separate governing bodies for the IPL and BCCI.
- Limited autonomy for IPL Governing Council.
- No office bearer can hold office consecutively for two terms.
RM Lodha also said that there were not enough evidence against former IPL COO Sundar Raman.
Current BCCI president Shashank Manohar is very excited on these recommendations and has already started to accomplish a few proposals.
Yuvraj Singh Hilariously Trolls Ravi Shastri On His Tweet On 2011 World Cup Anniversary
Former Indian all-rounder Yuvraj Singh showed his witty side on Twitter on Thursday when he left everyone in splits by trolling Indian head coach Ravi Shastri. On April 02, 2011, Team India won the World Cup after 28 years. On Thursday, it was the ninth…
Kevin Pietersen Shares Anushka Sharma’s Bossy Comment During The Live Stream With Virat Kohli
The former England cricketer Kevin Pietersen is entertaining fans with his Instagram live chat with the Indian cricketers. On Thursday (2nd April), former cricketer chatted with the Indian captain Virat Kohli. Well, Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma interrupted them and asked Kohli to end the conversation….