The Lodha Committee report on changes in the structure of BCCI was submitted in supreme court on Monday. It was expected that many important issues would be talked in this report, which happened finally.
Rajendra Mal Lodha is the leader of the Lodha Committee. The committee was formed on 22nd January 2015 by the Supreme Court. It was formed after the Mudgal committee submitted reports about the IPL 2013 scandal.
Earlier the Lodha Committee had suspended Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Rajasthan Royals (RR) for two years from the IPL.
The committee comprises of retired supreme court judges Ashok Bhan and R Raveendran along with the leader RM Lodha. The committee was formed for taking a decision about the two franchise teams (CSK and RR) along with the recommendation reports of restructuring of BCCI and fate of Sunder Raman, IPL COO.
Following are the details of the Lodha committee reports:
- Legalisation of betting.
- A steering committee headed by former Home Secretary G K Pillai with Mohinder Amarnath, Diana Eduljee and Anil Kumble.
- An electoral officer who would be nominated at least two weeks before dates of elections.
- The relegation of Railways, Services and Universities as Associate members. They also lose voting rights.
- BCCI to come under RTI Act.
- One person one post. Also no proxy voting of individuals.
- No BCCI office-bearer can have more than two consecutive terms.
- No BCCI office-bearer can be Minister or government servant.
- In no case, President will hold the post for more than 2 years.
- The constitution and establishment of a players association.
- Separate governing bodies for the IPL and BCCI.
- Limited autonomy for IPL Governing Council.
- No office bearer can hold office consecutively for two terms.
RM Lodha also said that there were not enough evidence against former IPL COO Sundar Raman.
Current BCCI president Shashank Manohar is very excited on these recommendations and has already started to accomplish a few proposals.
Aakash Chopra Picks Current Fab Four; Steven Smith, Joe Root Miss Out
The gentleman’s game has seen a plethora of cricketers coming through the ranks to play at the highest level. However, only very few cricketers have been consistent across formats. There has been a common perception in the modern era that the fab four is Virat…
New Zealand’s Tactic Against Jasprit Bumrah Will be Adopted by Other Teams: Shane Bond
New Zealand and India will lock horns with each other for a rivetting two-match Test series and the first of which is scheduled to be played at Basin Reserve in Wellington on February 21 (Friday). The big outfield in Wellington which makes it quite easier…