New Zealand Vs India 2020: 3rd T20I, Hamilton – Statistical Highlights
The visitors India have taken the unassailable 3-0 lead against the hosts New Zealand in the five-match T20I series after winning the third game of this series at Hamilton on Wednesday (29th January) night.
The hosts’ captain Kane Williamson won the toss and decided to field first. While the visitors scored 179/5 (20 overs), the home side also scored 179/6 (20 overs).
In the one-over eliminator, while the hosts scored 17/0, the visitors scored 20/0.
Brief Scores: India – 179/5 in 20 overs (Rohit Sharma 65, Virat Kohli 38; Hamish Bennett 3/54)
New Zealand – 179/6 in 20 overs (Kane Williamson 95, Martin Guptill 31; Shardul Thakur 2/21)
Result – India won the one-over eliminator
Stats review of the match:
i) The hosts New Zealand played their seventh Super Over in international cricket (six in T20Is and one in ODI).
- New Zealand have won only one Super Over. They won their only Super Over against Australia during Christchurch T20I on 28th February 2010.
i) India won this match through the one-over eliminator.
- It was the first Super Over experience for India in international cricket.
ii) With this victory, India have already secured this five-match T20I series as they are leading it by 3-0 with two to go.
- It is India’s first T20I series victory in New Zealand. Earlier, they played two more bilateral T20I series in New Zealand, and the hosts won both those series.
i) Playing his 219th international innings as an opener, Rohit Sharma (10,017 runs) completed 10,000 international runs.
- Rohit became the second-fastest opener to complete 10,000 international runs. Sachin Tendulkar (India) is the fastest in this list as he took 214 international innings as an opener to reach this milestone.
- Rohit became the fourth Indian cricketer to score 10,000 international runs as an opening batsman.
- Rohit became the 21st opening batsman to score 10,000 international runs.
ii) Rohit Sharma scored 50 runs during the mandatory powerplay.
- It is the highest individual score for an Indian batsman during the mandatory powerplay of a T20I innings. Shikhar Dhawan was the previous record holder with 48 runs.
iii) The opening batsman Rohit Sharma scored 65 runs.
- It is the highest individual T20I score for an Indian batsman in New Zealand. The previous record was 61* by Suresh Raina against New Zealand at Christchurch on 25th February 2009.
i) As an Indian captain, Virat Kohli has scored 1,126 T20I runs.
- It is the most T20I runs for an Indian captain. In this list, MS Dhoni is now behind of Virat Kohli with 1,112 T20I runs as a captain.
- Virat Kohli is the third most run-scorer as a T20I captain. The top two T20I captains in this list are South African Faf du Plessis (1,273 runs) and New Zealander Kane Williamson (1,243 runs).
i) New Zealand opener Martin Guptill has scored 1,524 T20I runs at home.
- Martin Guptill becomes the first batsman to reach the 1,500 runs mark in home T20Is.
ii) Martin Guptill has scored 2,530 runs in T20I career.
- He became the third batsman to score 2,500+ T20I runs. Indian cricketers Virat Kohli (2,783 runs) and Rohit Sharma (2,713 runs) were the first two batsmen to reach this milestone.
i) In the second innings, New Zealand captain Kane Williamson scored 95 runs.
- It is the highest individual score for a New Zealand T20I captain. Brendon McCullum was the previous record holder with 74 runs against England at Hamilton on 12th February 2013.
- It was the second-highest individual T20I score by a New Zealand batsman against India. Colin Munro is the record holder with 109 runs at Rajkot on 4th November 2017.
Is Sarfaraz Ahmed In For England’s tour? Misbah-ul-Haq Reveals
The former Pakistan captain Sarfaraz Ahmed has been out of Pakistan’s scheme for past months. PCB dropped him from the team, giving the reason to provide him rest. However, as PCB has agreed to tour England to play the Test and limited-overs series, Sarfaraz’s comeback…
Frank Lampard Reveals How He Deals With Upset Players In His Chelsea Squad
The head coach of Chelsea FC, Frank Lampard, has shed light as to how he deals with those players who feel upset about his managerial decisions in the team. Frank Lampard has worked wonders with Chelsea as a player. He is their fourth most-capped player…