New Zealand vs India 2019, 3rd T20I – Statistical Highlights
The host side New Zealand won the three-match T20I series against India after winning the third and final T20I at Hamilton. It was a thrilling game that New Zealand won by four runs.
The Indian skipper Rohit Sharma decided to bowl first after winning the toss. New Zealand managed to score 212/4 while India replied with the score of 208/6.
Brief Score: New Zealand – 212/4 in 20 overs (Colin Munro 72, Tim Siefert 43; Kuldeep Yadav 2/26)
India – 208/6 in 20 overs (Vijay Shankar 43, Rohit Sharma 38; Daryl Mitchell 2/27)
Result – New Zealand won by four runs
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) New Zealand batsman Colin Munro scored 72 runs.
- It was the fourth highest T20I score by a New Zealand batsman against India.
|Colin Munro||109*||Rajkot||4 November 2017|
|Brendon McCullum||91||Chennai||11 September 2012|
|Tim Seifert||84||Wellington||6 February 2019|
|Colin Munro||72||Hamilton||10 February 2019|
ii) By the end of the match, Colin Munro has hit 92 T20I sixes.
- Surpassing Brendon McCullum (91 T20I sixes), Colin Munro became the second most six-hitter for New Zealand in T20I cricket history. Martin Guptill is leading the table with 103 T20I sixes.
- In T20I cricket history, Colin Munro is the fourth most six hitting batsman.
|Player (Team)||No.of T20I sixes|
|Chris Gayle (Windies)||103|
|Martin Guptill (New Zealand)||103|
|Rohit Sharma (India)||102|
|Colin Munro (New Zealand)||92|
|Brendon McCullum (New Zealand)||91|
iii) By the end of the match, Colin Munro has hit 68 sixes in home T20I career.
- It is the most number of sixes for a batsman in home T20I career. The previous record holder was Martin Guptill with 67 sixes in home T20I career.
iv) Indian left-arm spinner Krunal Pandya had the bowling figures of 4-0-54-0.
- It was the joint third most expensive bowling figures for an Indian spinner in T20I history.
|Yuzvendra Chahal||4-0-64-0||South Africa||Centurion||21 February 2018|
|Krunal Pandya||4-0-55-0||Australia||Brisbane||21 November 2018|
|Yusuf Pathan||4-0-54-1||Sri Lanka||Nagpur||9 December 2009|
|Krunal Pandya||4-0-54-0||New Zealand||Hamilton||10 February 2019|
New Zealand national cricket team
v) New Zealand scored 212/4 at the end of 20 overs.
- It was New Zealand’s fifth most T20I total.
|243/5 (20 overs)||West Indies||Mount Maunganui||3 January 2018|
|243/5 (20 overs)||Australia||Auckland||16 February 2018|
|219/6 (20 covers)||India||Wellington||6 February 2019|
|214/6 (20 overs)||Australia||Christchurch||28 February 2010|
|212/4 (20 overs)||India||Hamilton||10 February 2019|
Indian national cricket team
i) India hit a total of 13 sixes while chasing.
- It is the most number of sixes for India in the second innings of a T20I match. Their previous record was 11 that happened twice – against West Indies at Lauderhill (27 August 2016) and against England at Bristol (8 July 2018).
- Also, it is India’s joint-most number of sixes in a T20I innings outside the Indian soil. It was the third time when India hit 13 sixes in a T20I innings outside the Indian soil. In overall, only once India hit more than 13 sixes in T20I innings, and that was 21 against Sri Lanka at Indore on 22 December 2017.
ii) India lost the three-match T20I series by 2-1.
- It was the first time when India lost a three-match T20I bilateral series.
Sachin Tendulkar And Courtney Walsh Will Join In Bushfire Cricket Bash
The legendary Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar and the Caribbean fast-bowler Courtney Walsh have joined in the Bushfire Cricket Bash. Cricket Australia (CA) has planned to organise a one-off charity cricket match among the legendary cricketers on 8th February 2020. It will be the match between…
Sunil Gavaskar Opines on KL Rahul-Rishabh Pant Debate
After the recently-concluded home ODI series against Australia, suddenly a fresh debate has kicked-off in Indian cricket, and that is between KL Rahul and Rishabh Pant. However, the legendary Indian cricketer Sunil Gavaskar has given his views on this matter. The young wicketkeeper-batsman Pant, who…