Sri Lanka Tour Of India 2017/18: Statistical Review – Day 3, Third Test
Sri Lanka displayed some fighting cricket on the day 3 of the third and final Test at Feroz Shah Kotla (Delhi), but India is still on top in this Test match.
Sri Lanka began the day on their overnight score 131/3 and made 356/9 at the end of the day. At the stumps on the day, Sri Lanka was trailing by 180 runs.
Brief Scores: India – 536/7 decl. (Virat Kohli 243, Murali Vijay 155, Lakshan Sandakan 4/167)
Sri Lanka – 356/9 (Dinesh Chandimal 147*, Angelo Mathews 111, Ravichandran Ashwin 3/90)
Here are some statistical highlights of Day 3 of the third Test:
- Sri Lankan batsmen Angelo Mathews and Dinesh Chandimal put on a brilliant 181 runs partnership for the fourth wicket. It is Sri Lanka’s second highest Test partnership for any wicket on the Indian soil. The record is 351 runs partnership for the sixth wicket between Mahela Jayawardene and Prasanna Jayawardene at Ahmedabad in 2009.
- Sri Lankan batsmen Angelo Mathews (111) and Dinesh Chandimal (147*) scored centuries during Sri Lanka’s first innings in this Test. It is the only second time when more than one Sri Lankan batsman scored centuries in a Test innings on the Indian soil.
The first incident was at Ahmedabad in 2009 when total 3 Sri Lankan batsmen scored centuries during the second innings (Sri Lanka’s first innings) of that Test match.
- At the stumps of the day, Sri Lankan skipper Dinesh Chandimal remained unbeaten on 147 runs. Currently, it is the second highest knock by a Sri Lankan Test captain against India. The record is 219 by former Sri Lankan skipper Kumar Sangakkara at Colombo (SSC) in 2010.
- At the stumps of the day, Sri Lankan skipper Dinesh Chandimal had faced 341 deliveries in the ongoing innings. It is the most no.of balls faced in a Test innings by any Sri Lankan captain against India. The previous record holder was Kumar Sangakkara who had faced 335 deliveries at Colombo (SSC) in 2010.
- Sri Lanka has already batted 130 overs in their first innings of this Test (at the stumps of day 3). It is the fourth most no.of overs batted by the Sri Lankan team in a Test innings on the Indian soil. Here is the detail list:
Most no.of overs batted by Sri Lankan team in a Test innings on the Indian soil
|Total score||Overs batted||Venue||Year|
(Note: *innings has not yet completed)
It is the 16th time when Sri Lankan team has played more than 125 overs in a Test innings against India. Out of their previous 15 incidents, they have lost only once while won thrice and drawn nine times (only once they had played two similar innings in a single Test match).
On the other hand, it is the fifth time (in five different Tests) when Sri Lankan team has played more than 125 overs in a Test innings on the Indian soil. They had resulted in draws in all their previous four Test matches.
Sakshi Dhoni Brushes Off False Rumours Of MS Dhoni’s Retirement
MS Dhoni’s retirement speculations have never ended since he went under sabbatical after ICC World Cup 2019. On Wednesday (27th May) evening, #DhoniRetires started trending on Twitter which made every Dhoni lover anxious. Then his wife Sakshi stepped into the matter and brushed off all…
“Money Is A Big Aspect But…..” Mitchell Starc Reveals Why He Doesn’t Play IPL
Indian Premier League (IPL), which is the most famous league around the world, features the best players in the business. The league not only provides good quality of cricket while also offers a big sum of money to players. Perhaps, these qualities don’t attract Australian…