Statistical Review: Afghanistan tour of Ireland in 2016 – 4th ODI
On Sunday, Afghanistan beat Ireland in the 4th ODI at Belfast. After winning the toss, Afghanistan decided to bat first. With the help of solid lower-order knocks, Afghanistan put 229 runs (229/7 in 50 overs) on the board.
In reply, Ireland failed to chase that target and collapsed for just 150 (150/10 in 41 overs). Visitors Afghanistan won the 4th ODI by 79 runs and are currently leading by 2-1 in the 5-match ODI series. The last ODI will be played on 19th July, Tuesday.
Brief Scores: Afghanistan – 229/7 in 50 overs (Rashid Arman 60*, Mohammad Nabi 50, Andy McBrine 2/29)
Ireland – 150 in 41 overs (Kevin O’Brien 34, Paul Stirling 31, Rashid Arman 4/21)
Result – Afghanistan won by 79 runs
Below are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
- In this match, Afghanistan batsmen Rashid Arman and Mirwais Ashraf put an unbeaten 66 run partnership for the 8th wicket in their innings, which proved match-winning later. It was Afghanistan’s highest 8th wicket partnership in their ODI history.
- Afghanistan batsman Mohammad Nabi scored a half-century in this match as he scored 50 runs. It was his 10th 50+ scores and he became the third Afghanistan batsmen to achieve this feat. Afghanistan batsmen Samiullah Shenwari (10 times) and Mohammad Shahzad (11 times) achieved this feat before Nabi.
- Apart from the no.7 batsman Mohammad Nabi (50), another Afghanistan lower-order batsman hit a half-century in this match. No.8 Afghanistan batsman Rashid Arman also hit a half-century and remained unbeaten on 60. It was the 23rd time in ODI history that the two batsmen hit half-centuries in the same ODI innings who came to bat from no.7 to no.11 spot. It never happened that more than 2 batsmen hit half-centuries in the same ODI innings who come to bat from no.7 to no.11 spot.
- In this match, Afghanistan wicketkeeper Mohammad Shahzad completed 50 dismissals (35 catches and 15 stumpings) as a wicket-keeper. He became the 4th Associate nations’ wicket-keeper to complete 50 dismissals in their ODI career. Ashish Bagai (Canada), Kennedy Otieno (Kenya) and Morris Ouma (Kenya) were the other 3 Associate nations’ wicket-keepers who achieved this feat before Shahzad.
In this match, Mohammad Shahzad effected 2 stumping dismissals. With these 2 stumping dismissals, Shahzad has now effected 15 stumping dismissals in ODI career which is the highest no. of stumping dismissals in ODI by an Associate nations’ wicket-keeper. Today, Shahzad surpassed former Kenyan wicket-keeper Kennedy Otieno who had 14 stumping dismissals in his ODI career.
- In this ODI, Afghanistan beat Ireland by 79 runs. It was Afghanistan’s largest victory (by runs) against Ireland in ODI history. Also, it was Afghanistan’s 3rd largest victory (by runs) in their overall ODI history. It was Ireland’s largest ODI defeat (by runs) against an associate nations.
Watch: David Warner Set Nice Gesture After Scoring Massive Century In His Home Test Return
Australian opening batsman, David Warner has returned to the home Test with a bang. So, obviously, he has already won a lot of Australian fans’ hearts. At the end of the day, Warner won more hearts after his nice gesture to a young fan. The…
Virat Kohli Becomes The Fastest Captain To Score 5000 Test Runs
The Indian skipper Virat Kohli has become the fastest captain to score 5000 Test runs. Kohli achieved the feat in 84 innings during his unbeaten knock of 59 runs against Bangladesh in the pink-ball Test at Eden Gardens, Kolkata. In fact, Kohli became the first…