Statistical Review: England v Pakistan 2016 – 2nd ODI
England clinched another comfortable victory over Pakistan in the 2nd ODI of the 5-match ODI series. After winning the toss, Pakistan decided to bat first at Lord’s. After a horrible beginning of 2/3 (3.1 overs), Pakistan finally managed to score 251 runs before bundled out at 49.5 overs.
In reply, England reached that target comfortably in 47.3 overs after losing 6 wickets. With this win, England is now leading the 5-match ODI series by 2-0. England won the first ODI by 44 runs (D/L method).
Brief Scores: Pakistan – 251 in 49.5 overs (Sarfraz Ahmed 105, Imad Wasim 63*, Chris Woakes 3/42)
England – 255/6 in 47.3 overs (Joe Root 89, Eoin Morgan 68, Imad Wasim 2/38)
Result – England won by 4 wickets
Some of the statistical highlights of the match are given below:
- Top 3 Pakistan batsmen scored only 1 run accumulated (Sami Aslam 1, Sharjeel Khan 0 and Azhar Ali 0) in this match. It was the lowest accumulated ODI runs scored by top three batsmen of a team against England. The previous lowest against England was 3 runs by Sri Lankan top three batsmen (Tillakaratne Dilshan 2, Sanath Jayasuriya 0 and Kumar Sangakkara 1) at Johannesburg on 25th September 2009.
- i) Pakistan wicket-keeper batsman Sarfraz Ahmed scored a brilliant century in this match. He scored 105 runs before getting out. It was the only 3rd ODI century by a wicket-keeper at Lord’s. Before Sarfraz, Sri Lankan wicket-keeper batsman Kumar Sangakkara and England wicket-keeper batsman Jos Buttler hit centuries at Lord’s in the same ODI match on 31st may 2014.
ii) Also Sarfraz Ahmed became 1st Pakistan wicket-keeper to score an ODI century in England soil and also became the only 3rd Pakistan wicket-keeper batsman to score an ODI century at outside Asia.
iii) Also Sarfraz Ahmed became 1st Pakistan batsman to score an ODI century at Lord’s.
- Pakistan no.7 batsman Imad Wasim score a vital unbeaten 63 runs in this match. It was the 3rd highest ODI knock by a no.7 Pakistan batsman against England.
- Pakistan scored 251 runs before getting bowled out in 49.5 overs. After getting bundled out, it was Pakistan’s highest ODI total against England.
Also, this 251-runs was Pakistan’s 4th highest ODI total against England after getting bowled out.
- England chased that 252 target comfortably in 47.3 overs after losing 6 wickets. It was England’s 4th highest successful ODI chase against Pakistan.
ICC World Cup 2019: The Lower-Order Needs to Score Runs if Top-Order Fails, Says Virat Kohli
Indian National Cricket Team skipper Virat Kohli feels the lower-order needs to score runs at times when top-order fails in…
ICC World Cup 2019: Twitter Reacts as New Zealand Restricts India to 179
India’s batting order could not get going as they were skittled out for 179 in their first warm-up match against…