Statistical Review: India vs Bangladesh One-Off Test Day 5
India clinched a victory in the first ever home Test match against Bangladesh on day 5. Bangladesh started the day on their overnight score of 103/3 and were bundled out for 250.
India won the one off Test by 208 runs.
Brief Scores: India – 687/6 decl. (Virat Kohli 204, Murali Vijay 108, Taijul Islam 3/156) & 159/4 decl. (Cheteshwar Pujara 54*, Virat Kohli 38, Taskin Ahmed 2/43)
Bangladesh – 388 (Mushfiqur Rahim 127, Shakib Al Hasan 82, Umesh Yadav 3/84) & 250 (Mahmudullah 64, Soumya Sarkar 42, Ravichandran Ashwin 4/73)
Here are some statistical highlights from Day 5:
- Bangladesh batsman Mahmudullah scored a fighting 64 runs in the 4th innings before his dismissal. It is the second highest score in the 4th innings of a Test match by a Bangladesh batsman against India. The record is 101 by Mushfiqur Rahim at Chittagong in 2010.
- Bangladesh were bundled out for 250 in the 4th innings of this Test match. It is the 7th time when a visiting team scored 250 or more in the 4th innings of a Test match on the Indian soil. However, it is the first time ever when a visiting Asian team scored 250 or more in the 4th innings of a Test match on the Indian soil.
- Bangladesh scored total 638 runs (388 and 250) on aggregate in this Test. It is Bangladesh’s highest aggregated total in a Test match against India. Bangladesh’s previous highest aggregated Test total against India was 545 (233 and 312) at Dhaka in 2010.
Also it is Bangladesh’s 2nd highest aggregated Test total in their maiden Test match on the visiting nations’ soil. The record is 687 runs (416 & 271/9 dec.) against West Indies in West Indies (at Gros Islet) in 2004.
- Indian spinners took total 12 wickets (Ravichandran Ashwin 6/171 & Ravindra Jadeja 6/148) in this Test match. It is the most no.of wickets taken by Indian spinners in a Test match against Bangladesh. The previous best was total 10 wickets (for thrice).
- This victory was India’s 19th consecutive Test match without a defeat and all under Virat Kohli’s captaincy. It is the most no.of unbeaten Test match record for an Indian captain. The previous best was 18 by Sunil Gavaskar.
Meanwhile, currently India is in the 5th rank to remain most no.of Test match unbeaten. The top 4 in this list are: West Indies (27; 1982-1984), England (26; 1968-1971), Australia (25; 1946-1951) and Australia (22; 2005-2008).
- As a captain of Indian team across all formats, it is Virat Kohli’s 8th consecutive series victory which is the most by an Indian captain across all formats. Previous record was 7 by former Indian skipper MS Dhoni (January 2013-November 2013).
Vijay Sethupathi Is Likely To Play A Role Of Famous Cricketer In The Next Cricket Biopic
In recent times, the Indian filmmakers have given importance to the biopics on the sporting persons. The movie fans and…
India vs Windies 2019: MSK Prasad Concedes Shubman Gill is in ‘Future Plans’
Guesswork across social media platform has been put to rest. The selection committee headed by MSK Prasad had revealed three…