Statistical Review: India vs New Zealand – 2nd ODI
Hilarious incident between India vs NZ match
New Zealand snatched a nail-biting 6-runs victory against India in the 2nd ODI of the 5-match ODI series at Delhi. After winning the toss, India decided to bowl first. New Zealand managed 242/9 in 50 overs after batted first.
In reply, Indian batsmen failed to capitalise their innings as they were bowled out at 236 runs in 49.3 overs. New Zealand won this ODI by 6 runs and leveled this 5-match ODI series by 1-1.
Brief Scores: New Zealand – 242/9 in 50 overs (Kane Williamson 118, Tom Latham 46, Jasprit Bumrah 3/35)
India – 236 in 49.3 overs (Kedar Jadhav 41, MS Dhoni 39, Tim Southee 3/52)
Result – New Zealand won by 6 runs
Some of the statistical highlights of the match are given below:
- In this match, New Zealand opener Martin Guptill was dismissed without scoring a run. It was his 3rd ODI duck against India and all were as an opener. With this duck, Guptill became the most no.of ODI duck scorer as a New Zealand opening batsman against India.
Also it was Guptill’s 10th ODI duck and all as an opening batsman which was the 4th most no.of ODI duck score as a New Zealand opening batsman.
- New Zealand skipper Kane Williamson scored a brilliant century in this match. Williamson scored 118-runs in this match. It was the 3rd ODI century by a New Zealand captain against India. The previous two ODI centuries by New Zealand captains against India were: Glenn Turner (114*) at Manchester on 14th June 1975 and Ken Rutherford (108) at Vadodara on 28th October 1994. Williamson’s 118 was the highest ODI knock by a New Zealand batsman against India.
On the other hand, Williamson’s 118-runs innings was the 3rd highest ODI individual knock by a New Zealand batsman on the Indian soil and out of them it was the 2nd highest against India.
- New Zealand managed 242/9 in 50 overs. It was the fourth highest 1st innings ODI total by any team against India at Delhi.
- New Zealand wicket-keeper Luke Ronchi completed his 100 ODI dismissals (92 catches and 8 stumpings) in this match. Ronchi became 26th ODI wicket-keeper to achieve this feat. However, Ronchi had achieved 7 dismissals out of these 100 dismissals as an Australian wicket-keeper.
- In this ODI, Indian skipper MS Dhoni (11,067 runs) became 4th highest run scorer as captain in international cricket after surpassing Allan Border (11,062 runs).
- New Zealand won this ODI by 6 runs. It was New Zealand’s 6th ODI victory against India in India. Last time, New Zealand clinched an ODI victory against India in India was on 6th November 2003 at Cuttack.
- India lost this ODI by 6 runs. This defeat was India’s 400th ODI defeat. India became the first ODI team to suffered 400 defeats.
8. For the first time. Indian skipper MS Dhoni lost an ODI as a captain at Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi.
Cheteshwar Pujara’s Deal With Gloucestershire Turned Down Due to Coronavirus Pandemic
The consequences of the Coronavirus have hit India’s Test cricketer Cheteshwar Pujar. The unprecedented virus has halted all the cricket events around the world. Pujara had bagged a short term contract from Gloucestershire which has now been turned down because of the suspension of the…
WWE Canceled Special Wrestlemania 36 Entrance For Alexa Bliss
WWE has increased the spotlight on the women’s division from the past several years in the name of the Women’s Evolution. It began from 2016 onwards where the Divas division was converted into the women’s division. WrestleMania 32 was the place where the women could…