Statistical Review: India vs New Zealand – 4th ODI
On Wednesday, New Zealand snatched a very important 19-runs victory against India in the 4th ODI of the 5-match ODI series at Ranchi. After winning the toss, New Zealand decided to bat first. The visitors managed to build a challenging score of 260/7 in 50 overs.
In reply, India were bowled out at 241 runs in 48.4 overs. New Zealand won this 4th ODI by 19 runs and levelled the series by 2-2. Now they will play the last ODI on the next Saturday (29/10/2016) which will be also the ODI series decider.
Brief Scores: New Zealand – 260/7 in 50 overs (Martin Guptill 72, Kane Williamson 41, Amit Mishra 2/42)
India – 241 in 48.4 overs (Ajinkya Rahane 57, Virat Kohli 45, Tim Southee 3/40)
Result – New Zealand won by 19 runs.
Some of the statistical highlights of the match are given below:
- In this ODI, New Zealand won the toss and elected to bat first. It was New Zealand’s first toss victory in this ongoing tour in India. Before this ODI, New Zealand had lost 7 consecutive tosses (1 tour match, 3 Tests and 3 ODIs) in this ongoing tour.
- In this ODI, New Zealand opening batsmen Martin Guptill and Tom Latham put 96 runs partnership for the 1st wicket. It was New Zealand’s 4th highest ODI opening partnership against India in India.
- New Zealand opening batsman Martin Guptill played a good knock in this ODI as he scored 72 runs with hitting 12 fours. It was the jointly second highest no.of fours hit by a New Zealand opening batsman on the Indian soil.
- Indian bowlers conceded total 13 wides as extras during New Zealand’s innings in this ODI. On the Indian soil, it was the jointly second most no.of wides conceded by the Indian bowlers in an ODI innings against New Zealand.
- India’s last two batsmen Dhawal Kulkarni and Umesh Yadav put 34 runs partnership for the last wicket in India’s innings. It was India’s highest 10th wicket ODI partnership against New Zealand. India’s previous highest 10th wicket ODI partnership against New Zealand was for 28* runs between Ravindra Jadeja and Varun Aaron at Auckland on 25th January 2014.
6. New Zealand won this ODI by 19 runs. It was New Zealand’s 3rd smallest ODI victory (by runs) against India at overall venue and 2nd smallest ODI victory (by runs) against India in India.
7. In the history of New Zealand’s winning ODI matches against India in India, Martin Guptill’s 72 runs is the new lowest “highest innings score” for New Zealand. The previous lowest was 80 by Chris Cairns at Guwahati on 14th November 1999, where New Zealand won by 48 runs.
ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2020: Day Two – West Indies And New Zealand Start With Comfortable Victories
On day two of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2020, West Indies Women thrashed Thailand Women while New Zealand Women clinched a solid victory against Sri Lanka Women. (Group B) Thailand Women – 78/9 (20 overs) vs West Indies Women – 80/3 (16.4 overs);…
Four Indian Players Whose Careers Ended After The 2011 World Cup
To win the ICC World Cup, it takes sweat of the whole team to lift the coveted trophy. India cricket team has two times got the chance to reach on top and win the World Cup. The Men in Blue won their first-ever World Cup…