Statistical Review: Sri Lanka tour of England 5th ODI
England achieved another comfortable victory against Sri Lanka in the final ODI of five match series at Cardiff on Saturday.
After winning the toss, the visitors Sri Lanka decided to bowl first. England put a big total of 324/7 (50 overs) on the board. In reply, Sri Lankan batsmen collapsed for just 202 runs in 42.4 overs. England won the match by 122 runs.
After this match, England won the 5-match ODI series 3-0. After winning this match, England extended their lead in the points table (Super Series) as England earned total 18 points while Sri Lanka remains on 4 points in the Super Series.
Below are the statistical highlights of the match are given below:
- By hitting a six to Sri Lankan leg-spinner Seekkuge Prasanna in 24th over of England’s innings, England skipper Eoin Morgan became the first English cricketer to hit 100 sixes in ODI. Former England all-rounder Andrew Flintoff is in the second position in this list with 92 sixes.
However, though Morgan has hit total 118 sixes in the ODI cricket, he had hit the other 18 ODI sixes playing for Ireland.
- In this match, England batsmen Joe Root and Jos Buttler put on a 109-run partnership for the 5th wicket. It was the highest 5th wicket partnership for England against Sri Lanka in ODI history. England’s previous highest 5th wicket ODI partnership against Sri Lanka was 98 runs between Joe Root and James Taylor at Wellington on 1st March 2015.
- Chaminda Bandara, the Sri Lankan left-arm pacer, made debut in this match. However, he performed disastrously in this match as his final bowling figure of this match was 10-0-83-1. With this bowling figure, Chaminda Bandara became the joint 3rd bowler to concede most runs on ODI debut. Also, it was the most runs conceded by a Sri Lankan debutant ODI bowler.
Also, 83 was the most runs conceded by a Sri Lankan bowler against England in ODI history.
- In this match, England managed to score 324/7 in 50 overs while batting first. It was England’s second highest ODI total against Sri Lanka. England’s highest ODI total against Sri Lanka is 333/9 (50 overs) at Taunton on 11th June 1983.
- England won the match by 122 runs. It was England’s second largest ODI win against Sri Lanka and largest ODI win against Sri Lanka at home. England’s largest ODI win against Sri Lanka, overall, is by 128 runs at Perth on 29th January 1999.
- England remained unbeaten at the end of this 5-match ODI series. Out of the 5 ODIs, England won 3 matches (2nd ODI, 4th ODI and 5th ODI), tied 1 (1st ODI) and the other one was no result (3rd ODI). It was the 4th time for England in ODI history that they remained unbeaten in a bilateral ODI series where matches were played 5 or more.
Cheteshwar Pujara’s Deal With Gloucestershire Turned Down Due to Coronavirus Pandemic
The consequences of the Coronavirus have hit India’s Test cricketer Cheteshwar Pujar. The unprecedented virus has halted all the cricket events around the world. Pujara had bagged a short term contract from Gloucestershire which has now been turned down because of the suspension of the…
WWE Canceled Special Wrestlemania 36 Entrance For Alexa Bliss
WWE has increased the spotlight on the women’s division from the past several years in the name of the Women’s Evolution. It began from 2016 onwards where the Divas division was converted into the women’s division. WrestleMania 32 was the place where the women could…