Statistical Review: Sri Lanka tour of England in 2016 2nd ODI
England achieved a massive victory in their second ODI of the 5-match ODI series against Sri Lanka.
After winning the toss, Sri Lanka decided to bat first. Sri Lanka managed to put 254/7 (50 overs) on the board. In reply, England chased that total very comfortably in 34.1 overs without losing any wickets. England won the match by 10 wickets with 95 balls to spare.
With this win, England led the 5-match ODI series 1-0. The first ODI between these two teams resulted in a thrilling tie.
Some of the statistical highlights of the match are given below:
- England successfully chased the target of 255 runs in 34.1 overs without losing any wickets. It was the highest successful ODI chased by any team without losing any wickets. The previous highest successful ODI chase without losing any wickets was 236 runs by New Zealand (236/0 in 42.2 overs) against Zimbabwe at Harare on 4th August 2015.
- Both the England openers hit a century in this match. Jason Roy remained unbeaten at 112 and Alex Hales was not out at 133 runs. It was the 32nd time in ODI history when both the openers hit centuries and out of those 32, 9 time (including this match) it happened while teams were chasing.
Also, this match was only the second time in ODI history that both the England openers hit centuries. The other once was against South Africa at Kennington Oval (London) on 28th June 2003 where English openers Marcus Trescothick (114*) and Vikram Solanki (106) hit centuries during chasing a target.
- In this match, England openers Jason Roy and Alex Hales put a partnership of unbeaten 256 runs for the first wicket. It was the highest ODI partnership for England for any wicket. The previous highest ODI partnership for England was 250 runs by Andrew Strauss and Jonathan Trott for the second wicket against Bangladesh on 12th July 2010.
Also, an unbeaten 256 runs partnership was the 5th highest opening partnership in ODI history.
- For the first time in ODI history, Sri Lanka lost a match against England after putting a total of 250 or more than that runs on the board at 1st batting. Before this match, Sri Lanka never lost an ODI match against England after scoring 250 or more than that runs at 1st batting.
Also, it was the first time Sri Lanka lost an ODI match on England soil after putting a total of 250 or more than that runs on the board at 1st batting.
- England won the match by 10 wickets with 95 balls to spare. It was England’s 6th ODI victory by 10 wickets out of which 3 against Sri Lanka (including this match).
Malti Chahar Shared the Proud Moment Of Her Brother Deepak Chahar
The last and third T20I against Bangladesh was the memorable one for the Indian fast bowler Deepak Chahar. His consistency in bowling was captured in the field of Nagpur. Sister Malti Chahar shared the proud moment of her brother on Social media and congratulated him….
Manish Pandey Slams Second Best Knock Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy history
Manish Pandey is currently in a dream form in domestic cricket. After the remarkable consistency in the Vijay Hazare Trophy 2019/20, Manish Pandey now slammed a century in the domestic T20 tournament – Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy 2019/20. This time he scored 129 not out…