Statistical Review: West Indies vs India T20I series at Florida – Match 1
India suffered a heart-breaking defeat against West Indies in the 1st T20I of 2-match T20I series at Florida. India decided to bowl first after winning the toss. West Indies put 245/6 on the board at the end of 20 overs.
Chasing that mammoth total, India finished just 1 run away from West Indies’ total. India managed 244/4 at the end 20 overs.
With this 1-run victory, West Indies are now leading the series by 1-0.
Brief Scores: West Indies – 245/6 in 20 overs (Evin Lewis 100, Johnson Charles 79, Ravindra Jadeja 2/39)
India – 244/4 in 20 overs (KL Rahul 110*, Rohit Sharma 62, Dwayne Bravo 2/37)
Result – West Indies won by 1 run
Some of the statistical highlights of the match are given below:
- This match was Indian skipper MS Dhoni’s 325th international match as captain, which is the most no.of international match as captain. Former Australian cricketer Ricky Ponting is in the second position with 324 international matches as captain.
- West Indies scored 132 runs (132/1) in their first 10-over of their innings. It was the highest first 10-over score by any team after batting first in T20I. The previous best was 131/0 by South Africa against England at Centurion on 15th November 2009.
- West Indian opening batsman Evin Lewis scored an outstanding century in this match. Lewis scored exactly 100 runs before getting out. He became 21st T20I batsman to score a century.
Also Lewis completed his century in 48 balls. It was the 5th fastest century in T20I history, before Indian batsman KL Rahul’s century. Now it is the 6th fastest century in T20I.
- Indian medium pacer Stuart Binny conceded 32 runs in single over. It was the jointly second most runs conceded by a bowler in T20I history. Before Binny, South African pacer Wayne Parnell (against England at Edgbaston on 12th September 2012) and Afghanistan pacer Izatullah Dawlatzai (against England at Colombo, RPS on 21st September 2012) also conceded 32 runs in a T20I over.
The most runs conceded in a T20I over by a bowler was 36 runs by English pacer Stuart Broad against India (Yuvraj Singh’s 6 sixes) on 19th September 2007.
- West Indies made 245/6 in 20 overs. It was the third highest total in a T20I innings. The other two top T20I total were: 260/6 by Sri Lanka (against Kenya at Johannesburg on 14th September 2007) and 248/6 by Australia (against England at Southampton on 29th August 2013).
Chasing the mammoth total, India also made 244/4 in 20 overs. It was the 4th highest total in a T20I innings. Also India’s 244/4 was the highest 2nd innings total in T20I history. The previous highest T20I total in the 2nd innings was 236/6 by West Indies against South Africa at Johannesburg on 11th January 2015.
- During 245/6 innings, West Indies hit total 21 sixes. It was the most no. of sixes hit by a team in a T20I innings. The previous record of most no. of sixes hit by a team in a T20I innings was 19 by Netherlands against Ireland at Sylhet on 21st March 2014.
- i) Indian batsman KL Rahul hit a century during India’s chasing. Rahul remained unbeaten at the end at 110 runs. He became 22nd batsman to score a T20I century.
ii) Rahul completed his century in just 46 balls. It was the jointly second fastest T20I century. Before this innings, South African batsman Faf du Plessis also completed his century in 46 balls (against West Indies at Johannesburg on 11th January 2015).
The fastest century completed on 45 balls by South African batsman Richard Levi (against New Zealand at Hamilton on 19th February 2012)
iii) Rahul became third Indian batsman to score a T20I century after Suresh Raina (101 against South Africa at Gros Islet on 2nd May 2010) and Rohit Sharma (106 against South Africa at Dharamsala on 2nd October 2015).
- West Indian batsman Evin Lewis and Indian batsman KL Rahul hit century in this T20I. It was the first time in T20I history that more than a batsman hit century in a T20I match.
- 489 was the match aggregate total in this T20I. It is the new highest match aggregates score in T20I history. The previous highest match aggregates was 467 runs between South Africa and West Indies at Johannesburg on 11th January 2015.
10. Total 32 sixes (West Indies hit 21 sixes and India hit 11 sixes) had been hit in this T20I match. It was the most no. of sixes hit in a T20I match. The previous record was 30 sixes between Ireland and Netherlands (Ireland hit 11 sixes and Netherlands hit 19 sixes) at Sylhet on 21st March 2014.
11. During this match, Indian batsman Rohit Sharma completed to hit 50 sixes in his T20I career. Rohit became the 2nd Indian batsman to hit 50 sixes in T20I. Yuvraj Singh was the 1st Indian cricketer to hit 50 sixes in T20I. Presently, Yuvraj hit total 71 sixes in his T20I career.
12. Also West Indian all-rounder Dwayne Bravo completed to pick up 50 wickets in his T20I career, during this match. Bravo became the 3rd T20I cricketer who scores 1,000+ runs (1055 runs) with the bat and alongside take 50+ wickets (51 wickets) with the ball. Before Bravo, Pakistan cricketer Shahid Afridi (1405 runs and 97 wickets) and Bangladesh cricketer Shakib Al Hasan (1103 runs and 65 wickets) were the other cricketers to achieve this feat.
|Dabang Delhi K.C.||16||13||69|
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||16||7||43|
Ashes 2019: Tim Paine Reveals He And Peter Siddle Suffered From Injuries In Fifth Test Match
Australia retained the Ashes title because of the efforts of batsman Steve Smith and bowlers like Pat Cummins and Josh…
India Vs South Africa 2019/20: Second T20I – Virat Kohli And Shikhar Dhawan Guide India To Comfortable Victory
Indian captain Virat Kohli and the opener Shikhar Dhawan comfortably guided India for their first-ever home T20I victory against South…