England has secured the three-match T20I series against the host side Windies after winning the second T20I at Warner Park (Basseterre, St Kitts). With this victory, England has taken the 2-0 lead with one match to go.
The host side decided to field first after winning the toss. England managed to score 182/6 in 20 overs while Windies were bundled out for just 45 runs (11.5 overs).
Brief Scores: England – 182/6 in 50 overs (Sam Billings 87, Joe Root 55; Fabian Allen 2/29)
Windies – 45 in 11.5 overs (Carlos Brathwaite 10, Shimron Hetmyer 10; Chris Jordan 4/6)
Result – England won by 137 runs
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) England scored 182/6 (20 overs) in the first innings.
- It was the second highest T20I total for England in West Indies. Their record is 191/5 (20 overs) against West Indies at Providence on 3rd May 2010.
ii) England won the match by 137 runs.
- It is England’s largest T20I victory (by runs). Their previous record was winning by 116 runs against Afghanistan at Colombo (RPS) on 21st September 2012.
- It was the fourth largest T20I victory (by runs) overall.
Top five largest T20I victories (by runs)
|Sri Lanka||172 runs||Kenya||Johannesburg||14th September 20017|
|India||143 runs||Ireland||Dublin (Malahide)||29th June 2018|
|Pakistan||143 runs||Windies||Karachi||1st April 2018|
|England||137 runs||Windies||Basseterre||8th March 2019|
|South Africa||130 runs||Scotland||The Oval||7th June 2009|
i) The host side Windies were bundled out for just 45 runs (11.5 overs).
- It is the lowest completed T20I total for Windies. Their previous lowest was 60 (13.4 overs) against Pakistan at Karachi on 1st April 2018.
- It was the second lowest completed T20I total. The lowest is 39 (10.3 overs) by the Netherlands against Sri Lanka at Chattogram on 24th March 2014.
ii) The highest score in Windies’ innings was 10 (Shimron Hetmyer and Carlos Brathwaite).
- It is the lowest highest-innings-score in a completed T20I innings. The previous lowest was 13 runs.
i) At the no.6 position, English cricketer Sam Billings scored 87 runs.
- It was the highest individual T20I innings at the no.6 position. The previous record was 85* by Cameron White (Australia) against Sri Lanka at Bridgetown on 9th May 2010.
- It was the second highest individual T20I innings by a no.6 or lower-order batsman. The record is 89 runs by the no.7 batsman Mohammad Nabi (Afghanistan) against Ireland at Greater Noida on 12th March 2017.
- It was the second highest individual T20I score by an England batsman against Windies. The record is 99 runs by Alex Hales at Nottingham on 24th June 2012.
Sam Billings & David Willey partnership
i) England batsmen Sam Billings & David Willey provided a 68-run partnership for the sixth wicket.
- It was England’s second highest T20I partnership for the sixth wicket. Their record is unbroken 69 runs partnership between Dimitri Mascarenhas & Owais Shah against West Indies at The Oval on 29th June 2007.
i) Windies captain Jason Holder got out on a golden duck.
- Jason Holder was the third Windies T20I captain to get out on a golden duck. Before him, Dwayne Bravo (against South Africa at Port Elizabeth on 16th December 2007) and Darren Sammy (against South Africa at Nagpur on 25th March 2016) also got out on a golden duck.
i) The England pacer Chris Jordan had the bowling figures of 2-0-6-4.
- It is the best T20I bowling figures by an English bowler. The previous record holder was Ravi Bopara with the bowling figures of 3.4-0-10-4 against Windies at The Oval.
- It is the second best T20I bowling figures by a non-Caribbean bowler on the Caribbean soil. The record is 3.5-0-19-5 by Ryan McLaren (South Africa) against West Indies at North Sound on 19th May 2010.