Overall: Matches – 12 | Bengal Warriors – 5 | Dabang Delhi – 6 | Tie – 1
- Dabang Delhi just edges out Bengal Warriors in the H2H with 6 wins to Bengal’s 5.
- In PKL 6, both team met thrice and Dabang Delhi had a clean sweep against Bengal.
- Last match was in the 2nd eliminator in PKL 6, Dabang Delhi won the match comfortably by 11 points.
- Naveen Kumar (DEL) was the best raider of the match scoring a SUPER 10 (11 raid points).
- Ravinder Pahal (DEL) was the best defender of the match scoring 4 tackle points.
- Bengal Warriors PKL 7 Record
- 4 Wins, 2 Losses, 1 Ties
- Last Match: Won against Gujarat Fortunegiants 28 – 26.
- Dabang Delhi PKL 7 Record
- 5 Wins, 1 Loss, 0 Tie
- Last Match: Won against Puneri Paltan 32 – 30.
Head-to-head (Last 5 Meetings)
|Match No.||Bengal Warriors||Dabang Delhi||Result|
|PKL 6, Eliminator 2||28||39||Dabang Delhi won by 11 points|
|PKL 6, M#122||31||37||Dabang Delhi won by 6 points|
|PKL 6, M#27||30||39||Dabang Delhi won by 9 points|
|PKL 5, M#66||31||31||Match Tied|
|PKL 4, M#50||20||41||Dabang Delhi won by 21 points|
|Bengal Warriors||Vs.||Dabang Delhi|
|Baldev Singh||Right Corner||Ravinder Pahal|
|K Prapanjan||Right In||Vijay|
|Viraj Vishnu Landge||Right Cover||Vishal Mane|
|Maninder Singh ©||Center||Naveen Kumar|
|Jeeva Kumar||Left Cover||Saeid Ghaffari|
|Mohammad Nabibakhsh||Left In||Chandran Ranjit|
|Rinku Narwal||Left Corner||Joginder Narwal ©|
- Jeeva Kumar will be playing his 100th PKL match.
BATTLE OF THE BEST RAIDING UNITS IN PKL 7
- Both Bengal Warriors and Dabang Delhi have one of the most consistent raiding units in PKL 7. Both these team are in the top 3 for the highest average points per game (Bengal Warriors – 2nd and Dabang Delhi – 3rd)
|Highest Avg. Raid Points – PKL 7|
|Team||Avg. Raid Points|
Among all the teams, these two teams have one of the lowest raid failure % in the season.
|Lowest Raid Failure % – PKL 7|
|Team||Raid Failure %|
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||18.1%|
NAVEEN KUMAR AND CHANDRAN LEADING THE CHARGE FOR DELHI
Naveen Kumar has undoubtedly been the most consistent of all raiders in PKL 7. He has improved from last season and has been one of the biggest raiding threats this season.
- He is 2nd in most raid points scored this season.
- He has also scored the most SUPER 10s this season.
|Most Raid Points – PKL 7||Most Super 10s – PKL 7|
|Raider||Raid Points||Raider||Super 10s|
|Pawan Sehrawat||87||Naveen Kumar||5|
|Naveen Kumar||64||Pawan Sehrawat||4|
|Pardeep Narwal||59||Pardeep Narwal||3|
Naveen Kumar in the 6 matches, was not tackled even once in 4 matches. He has the lowest raid failure% for the season among raider who have gone for a minimum of 50 raids.
|Lowest % Failed Raids – PKL 7|
- Chandran Ranjit has had a good season so far and has supported Naveen Kumar in each match. He has scored at an average of 6.2 raid points per match. He has also managed to get a Super 10.
- He is the only raider in the team to have a Super raid this season.
- Only in 2 matches has Chandran Ranjit scored below 5 raid points.
|Chandran Ranjit – PKL 7|
|Matches||Raid Points||Super 10s||Avg. Raid Pts||Raid SR|
BENGAL’S RAIDING TRIO
- Maninder Singh, K Prapanjan and Mohammad Nabibakhsh has been the most consistent raiding trio this season. Each of the three can take the lead in any match.
- Each of the three raiders have a minimum average of 5 raid points per match and also have a minimum Raid SR of 45.
|Bengal Raiders – PKL 7|
|Raider||Mts||Raid Points||Super Raids||Super 10s||Avg Raid Pts||Raid SR|
- Bengal Warriors have been able to score the most super raids this season and each of their top raiders have scored at least one Super Raid this season.
- Bengal Warriors are also the team to inflict the most all-outs in this season so far with 13.
|Most Super Raids – PKL 7||Most All-outs Inflicted – PKL 7|
|Bengal Warriors||5||Bengal Warriors||13|
|Bengaluru Bulls||3||Jaipur Pink Panthers||10|
|Patna Pirates||2||U Mumba||9|
- Maninder Singh has been their best raider so far this season in DoD Raids. He has the most raid points for the team in these situations. He also have a Raid SR above 100.
|Bengal Warriors Raiders in DoD – PKL 7|
|Raider||Raids||Raid Points||Raid SR|
- Mohammad Nabibakhsh has been the one of the best raiders in Super Tackle Situations. He has scored 17 raid points in Super Tackles at a Raid SR of 89. He is 2nd most raid points in Super Tackles in PKL 7.
|Most Raid Points in Super Tackles – PKL 7|
- Because of Nabibakhsh’s performance the team is the best raiding team during Super tackle situations. They have the most raid points in these situation and also the best raid SR in these situations.
|Most Raid Points in Super Tackles – PKL 7||Highest Raid SR in Super Tackles – PKL 7|
|Team||Raid Points||Team||Raid SR|
|Bengal Warriors||26||Bengal Warriors||67|
|U Mumba||22||Haryana Steelers||63|
|Patna Pirates||21||Dabang Delhi||60|
TROUBLE IN THE FINAL 10 MINS OF THE MATCH
- Both teams have struggled in the final phase of the match. Both teams are among the bottom 3 for the lowest Raid SR in this phase.
|Lowest Raid SR in 31-40 mins – PKL 7|
- For Dabang Delhi their star raider Naveen Kumar has a Raid SR below 40 only in this phase. He has gone for most empty raids in this phase. Dabang Delhi’s lower Raid SR might be the reason for the close games this season.
- Out of the 8 failed raids this season, 5 have come in the 2nd half of the match.
|Naveen Kumar Phase-wise – PKL 7|
|Time||Raids||Raid Points||Raid SR|
- For Bengal Warriors also their star raider Maninder Singh has not reached his standards in the final phase of the match. He has a Raid SR of just 30 and has only scored 7 raid points. In the last 2 season Maninder had scored 133 raid points at a Raid SR of 63.
|Maninder Singh Phase-wise – PKL 5 & PKL 6||Maninder Singh Phase-wise – PKL 7|
|Time||Raids||Raid Points||Raid SR||Time||Raids||Raid Points||Raid SR|
KEY BATTLES FOR MANINDER SINGH
- Maninder Singh will have to face Ravinder Pahal against whom he struggled in PKL 6. Maninder Singh was behind in the H2H in PKL 6. He was 1 – 6 against Pahal in PKL 6.
- Ravinder Pahal has been successful using the Thigh Hold skill to the maximum effect getting Maninder out 7 times.
|Ravinder Pahal successful tackles vs. Maninder Singh – Skill wise (Overall PKL)|
|Successful Tackles||Ankle Hold||Thigh Hold||Back Hold||Block|
- Maninder and Joginder Narwal are also a great battle to watch out for. Maninder edges out to Joginder 6 – 5 in their H2H. It is a direct clash as Maninder being a right raider will face Joginder at the left corner. Most of Maninder’s success has come through his escape skills.
- But Joginder Narwal has been able to trap Maninder using his Ankle hold 4 times in his 5 successful tackles against him.
|Joginder Narwal successful tackles vs. Maninder Singh – Skill wise (Overall PKL)|
|Successful Tackles||Ankle Hold||Back Hold|
(All figures overall PKL; figure in brackets shows PKL 6)
- Maninder Singh (KOL) 6 – 5 Joginder Narwal (DEL) [All in PKL 6]
- Maninder Singh (KOL) 7 – 11 Ravinder Pahal (DEL) [1 – 6 in PKL 6]
- Maninder Singh (KOL) 16 – 5 Vishal Mane (DEL) [4 – 2 in PKL 6]
- K Prapanjan (KOL) 2 – 1 Joginder Narwal (DEL)
- K Prapanjan (KOL) 6 – 7 Ravinder Pahal (DEL) [1 – 2 in PKL 6]
- Naveen Kumar (DEL) 2 – 0 Baldev Singh (KOL) [All in PKL 6]
- Naveen Kumar (DEL) 2 – 3 Rinku Narwal (KOL) [All in PKL 6]
- Chandran Ranjit (DEL) 3 – 1 Baldev Singh (KOL) [All in PKL 6]
- Chandran Ranjit (DEL) 1 – 4 Rinku Narwal (KOL) [1 – 2 in PKL 6]
- But one position that has been the weak link for the team has been the right cover position. The team has experimented with 4 players in the role and are yet to finalize a player in the starting 7.
- In the match against Bengaluru Bulls Viraj Vishnu Landge made 10 failed tackles in the match and it is the joint most failed tackles by a player in a match in entire PKL history.
- Naveen Narwal in the first 2 matches made 5 tackles and was unsuccessful in all of them.
|Bengal Warriors Right Cover – PKL 7|
|Defender||Matches||Tackle Points||Avg. Tackle Pts||Tackle SR|
|Viraj Vishnu Landge||4||6||1.5||29|
|Mohammad Paein Mahali||2||1||0.5||33|