It's Pretty Hard, Says Josh Hazlewood on his 2019 World Cup Omission

Trending News

Post

Cricket

It’s Pretty Hard, Says Josh Hazlewood on his 2019 World Cup Omission 

It’s Pretty Hard, Says Josh Hazlewood on his 2019 World Cup Omission
Hazlewood is featuring in the 2019 World Cup. Photo Credit: Getty Images.

Australian paceman Josh Hazlewood has been left thoroughly disappointed on his omission from the 15-man 2019 World Cup squad. The lanky fast bowler has been overlooked by Cricket Australia (CA) due to his fitness concerns for the forthcoming World Cup.

In the absence of Mitchell Starc in the recent past, Hazlewood has heralded a change in Australian set-up with the ball.

Pertinently, after missing his name from the original provisional squad, Hazlewood’s World Cup hopes were dashed when the Kangaroos management named Kane Richardson as the replacement for his namesake Jhye Richardson, who has dislocated his right shoulder during the Pakistan-Australia series in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

Thus, Hazlewood has missed gracing the quadrennial tournament with his bowling. Meanwhile, Hazlewood has suffered from a back injury which subsequently hit his hopes for featuring in the 2019 World Cup.

The 2019 Wold Cup omission hit Hazlewood:

Josh Hazlewood, 2019 World Cup, Australia
Hazlewood is facing testing times. Photo Credit: Getty Images.

In his latest interview, Hazlewood has expressed disappointment on missing the marquee event. He reminisced and saw himself lucky for featuring in the 2015 World Cup when Australia sealed the trophy at the MCG against their arch-rivals New Zealand.

“It was obviously bitterly disappointing. It only comes around every four years. I was lucky enough to experience it on home soil last time. It’ll probably hit me a bit once the tournament starts and you’re watching on TV,” Hazlewood told AAP.

Hard times for Josh Hazlewood:

Josh Hazlewood, Australia, 2019 World Cup
Hazlewood will back Aussies from home. Photo Credit: Getty Images.

The 28-year-old Hazlewood represented Australia in 44 ODIs since 2010 managed to get 72 wickets at an average of 25.1. He maintained it’s the hardest time for him.

Also, Hazlewood elaborated that it is the mega event, not a regular day-long series.

Hazlewood, who bolstered Australia’s pace attack with Mitchell Starc and Pat Cummins conceded that remaining off the field for four months has taken a toll against him.

“It’s pretty hard. It’s not just a normal ODI series, it’s a World Cup. Not playing cricket for four months went against me. I can see their side of things,” said Hazlewood.

However, Hazlewood is somewhat pinning hopes on late emergence into the ODI showpiece. He added if a bowler will nurse an injury, then his chance improves on making it to the squad.

“I guess if someone went down halfway through the tournament then my chances would be a bit better (compared to last week). You never know,” Hazlewood stated.

Besides, Australia is set to face England in the much-awaited Ashes series which will commence from August 1. He is the part of Australia A which will face England in a bid to acclimatise to the English conditions.

Get the latest news and updates from Indian Premier League, ICC World Cup 2019, Match Prediction & Fantasy cricket. Follow SportzWiki for all cricket news, WWE News & Sports News.

Related posts