WWE News: Update On Whether Starrcade 2018 Was A Successful Show
WWE hosted Starrcade for the second year in a row on their programming. Last year, the PPV was back after a void of more than two decades. It was one of the most original shows hosted by the WCW promotion before WWE took it over. So it marked the first time ever that WWE hosted this historic show. This year, it came back in a bigger way on November 24th.
Starrcade was just a house show last year exclusive to the Smackdown Live brand. In comparison, this year, the show became exclusive to the WWE Network. A one-hour special edition went on air with a non-live format. We could witness some of the segments from the show. The main event match featured AJ Styles and Samoa Joe inside a steel cage.
Now the question is whether WWE considers this was a successful show in terms of TV rating or live attendance figures. Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Newsletter gave us some updates about what the officials feel about this particular show. It drew an attendance of 8000 fans which was far better than what usual live events do. So it turned out to be a success considering the live event business WWE generally does, these days.
The streaming service for Starrcade on WWE Network also became a huge success. It was the most-watched show on WWE’s streaming platform becoming the show of the week. This was just a taped version of the show instead of a live broadcast from the US Bank Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio. Hence WWE officials should be pretty happy about the performance that this old-gimmicked PPV has brought.
We should not be surprised if the company hosts for the third consecutive year in a row. Meanwhile, here is the full results from Starrcade event courtesy sescoops.com,
• Sasha Banks, Bayley, Ember Moon & Dana Brooke defeated Nia Jax, Tamina, Mickie James & Alicia Fox
• Drew McIntyre (w/Dolph Ziggler) defeated Finn Balor
• The Revival defeated The B-Team
• The Bar defeated The New Day (SmackDown Tag Team titles)
• Bray Wyatt defeated Baron Corbin
• Charlotte Flair defeated Asuka
• Miz TV segment. Rey Mysterio and Shinsuke Nakamura are the guests. Nakamura says he doesn’t care about Starrcade’s history and attacks Mysterio.
• Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Rey Mysterio (United States Championship). Mysterio wins via disqualification after Miz interferes, meaning Nakamura retains. Rusev evens up the numbers and a tag match is set up
• Mysterio & Rusev defeated Nakamura & Miz
• AJ Styles defeated Samoa Joe (Steel Cage)
• Seth Rollins defeated Dean Ambrose (Intercontinental Championship Steel Cage)
CPL 2020: Organisers Want To Conduct Entire Tournament In Trinidad From Mid-August
While cricket is getting ready to return on the field after controlling the ongoing pandemic, the Caribbean Premier League (CPL) organisers want to organise the CPL 2020 in Trinidad from mid-August. The cricket lovers have missed out the game from the middle of last March…
Hardik Pandya Reveals How MS Dhoni And Virat Kohli Helped Him Become The Player That He Is Today
India’s exuberant all-rounder, Hardik Pandya has shed light on how MS Dhoni and Virat Kohli helped him in grooming himself during his initial days. Hardik Pandya has emerged as a match-winner for team India ever since his debut with the senior national side and has…