In the Qualifier 2 of the IPL 2020, Delhi Capitals (DC) beat SunRisers Hyderabad (SRH) by 17 runs at Sheikh Zayed Stadium (Abu Dhabi) and advanced to the final of this tournament.
DC captain Shreyas Iyer chose to field first after winning the toss. While they scored 189/3 (20 overs) in the first innings, SRH replied with 172/8 (20 overs).
Brief Scores: DC – 189/3 in 20 overs (Shikhar Dhawan 78, Shimron Hetmyer 42*; Rashid Khan 1/26)
SRH – 172/8 in 20 overs (Kane Williamson 67, Abdul Samad 33; Kagiso Rabada 4/29)
The Result – Delhi Capitals won by 17 runs.
IPL 2020, Qualifier 2: Delhi Capitals vs SunRisers Hyderabad (DC vs SRH) – Statistical Highlights
Delhi Capitals (DC)
i) Delhi Capitals qualified for the final of the IPL 2020.
- It is the first time when the Delhi franchise has qualified in the IPL final. In fact, it will be their maiden final appearance in any tournament.
Delhi Capitals (DC)
i) Shikhar Dhawan scored 78 runs.
- It was the third-highest individual score for a Delhi Capitals batsman against SunRisers Hyderabad. The top two records in this list are 128 not out by Rishabh Pant (at Delhi on 10th May 2018) and 83 not out by Karun Nair (at Raipur on 20th May 2016).
ii) Shikhar Dhawan has scored 603 runs in the ongoing IPL 2020.
- Shikhar Dhawan becomes the second Delhi Capitals batsman to score 600+ runs in an IPL season. Rishabh Pant was the first batsman to achieve this feat as he scored 684 runs for Delhi Daredevils in IPL 2018.
- Shikhar Dhawan becomes the second batsman to score 600+ runs in the IPL 2020. Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) captain KL Rahul is leading the table of most run-scorer in IPL 2020 as he is holding the Orange Cap by scoring 670 runs.
iii) Shikhar Dhawan has scored 5182 IPL runs.
- Surpassing Rohit Sharma (5162 runs), Shikhar Dhawan became the fourth most run-scorer in IPL history.
i) Kagiso Rabada has taken 29 wickets in the IPL 2020.
- It is the most wickets for a Delhi Capitals bowler in an IPL season. Their previous record was 25 wickets by Morne Morkel (IPL 2019) and Kagiso Rabada (IPL 2012).
- It is the second most wickets for a bowler in an IPL season. The record is 32 wickets by Dwayne Bravo (Chennai Super Kings) in IPL 2013.