India Vs Bangladesh 2019/20: Second T20I – Statistical Highlights
The hosts India have levelled this T20I series against Bangladesh after winning the second T20I at Rajkot on Thursday (7th November) night. With this result, the three-match T20I series is currently standing in 1-1 with one to go.
After losing the toss, the visiting side Bangladesh managed to score 153/6. The hosts chased down the target successfully in 15.4 overs after losing only two wickets.
Brief Scores: Bangladesh – 153/6 in 20 overs (Mohammad Naim 36, Soumya Sarkar 30; Yuzvendra Chahal 2/28)
India – 154/2 in 15.4 overs (Rohit Sharma 85, Shikhar Dhawan 31; Aminul Islam 2/29)
Result – India won by eight wickets (with 26 balls remaining)
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) The visiting side Bangladesh scored 153/6 (20 overs) in the first innings.
- It is the second-highest first innings total for Bangladesh against India in T20I history. The record is 166/8 in 20 overs at Colombo (RPS) on 18th March 2018.
i) The hosts India successfully chased down the 154 runs target in 15.4 overs (154/2).
- It is the fastest successful 150+ chase for India in T20I history. Their previous record was successfully chasing 153 runs in 17.3 overs against Sri Lanka at Colombo (RPS) on 12th March 2018.
Yuzvendra Chahal (India)
i) After the conclusion of this T20I, the leg-spinner Yuzvendra Chahal has managed 26 T20I wickets at home.
- Yuzvendra Chahal is now the most T20I wicket-taker for India at home. Chahal surpassed the right-arm pacer Jasprit Bumrah who has taken 24 T20I wickets at home.
Rohit Sharma (India)
i) Rohit Sharma played his 100th T20I.
- Rohit Sharma became the second male cricketer to play 100 T20Is. Shoaib Malik ((Pakistan/ICC World XI) was the first man to achieve this feat as he has played 111 T20Is.
- Rohit Sharma became the second Indian cricketer to play 100 T20Is. Harmanpreet Kaur (100 T20Is) was the first cricketer in this list to play 100 T20Is.
ii) Rohit Sharma played his 320th T20 match.
- It is the most number of T20 matches for an Indian cricketer. Suresh Raina is in the next position in this list with 319 T20s.
iii) Rohit Sharma has hit 37 T20I sixes as a captain.
- It is the most T20I sixes for an Indian captain. MS Dhoni is in the next position who hit 34 sixes as a T20I captain.
iv) Rohit Sharma scored 85 runs.
- It is the highest individual score by an Indian captain in the second innings of a T20I match. Virat Kohli is the previous record holder who scored 82 runs against Sri Lanka at Colombo (RPS) on 6th September 2017.
- It is the second-highest individual score by an Indian captain against Bangladesh. Rohit Sharma is also the record holder as he scored 89 runs at Colombo (RPS) on 14th March 2018.
v) Rohit Sharma has scored 2,537 runs in T20I career.
- First male cricketer to score 2,500 T20I runs.
Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan (India)
i) The openers Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan put their fourth hundred partnership in T20I cricket.
- They are the first partner in T20I cricket history to hit four hundred partnerships.
ii) Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan put the 118 runs partnership for the first wicket.
- It is the highest T20I partnership for India for any wicket against Bangladesh. The previous record was 102 runs partnership for the second wicket between Rohit Sharma and Suresh Raina at Colombo (RPS) on 14th March 2018.
- It is the highest T20I opening partnership for India in the second innings of a match. The previous record was 103 runs unbroken partnership between Mandeep Singh and KL Rahul against Zimbabwe at Harare on 20th June 2016.
- It is the second-highest partnership for India for any wicket in the second innings of a home T20I match. The record is the third wicket partnership for 130 runs between Shikhar Dhawan and Rishabh Pant against Windies at Chennai on 11th November 2018.
Coming Back And Winning Last Two Games Is Really Satisfying – Virat Kohli
India had their backs against the wall after the first ODI loss against Australia. The visitors had absolutely hammered the hosts and India had not savored such a defeat in the last 15 years. But Virat Kohli’s men are known for their character. They bounced…
WWE Planning Roman Reigns Vs. Goldberg After Recent Twitter Jab?
The much-anticipated contest between Roman Reigns and Goldberg can become reality as the seeds of the storyline could already be planted on social media. Reigns posted a tweet via his official handle indirectly taking a shot at the old school legend. Perhaps, it was intentionally…