IPL 2017: Match Stats – Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore
Defending champion Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) begin their IPL 2017 journey with a comfortable victory against the last year’s IPL runners-up Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB). After winning the toss at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium (Uppal, Hyderabad), RCB decided to bowl first. At the end of 20 overs, SRH put 207/4 on the board.
In reply, RCB bowled out for 172 runs (19.4 overs). SRH clinched a 35-run victory in the IPL 2017 opener.
Brief Scores: Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) – 207/4 in 20 overs (Yuvraj Singh 62, Shikhar Dhawan 52, Stuart Binny 1/10)
Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) – 172 in 19.4 overs (Chris Gayle 32, Kedar Jadhav 31, Bhuvneshwar Kumar 2/27)
Result – SRH won by 35 runs
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
- Sunrisers Hyderabad batsman Yuvraj Singh completed his half-century in just 23 balls. It is Yuvraj’s fastest IPL half-century. His previous fastest IPL half-century was in 24 balls which happened twice and RCB was the opponent during both those times.
- SRH batsman Yuvraj Singh batted superbly as he scored 62 runs in this match. It is the highest individual score by a left-handed batsman in an IPL season opener. KKR (Kolkata Knight Riders) batsman Gautam Gambhir was the previous record holder with 57 runs (against Mumbai Indians at Eden Gardens, Kolkata on 8th April 2015).
- SRH scored 207 runs after batted first. Here are some important stats of this innings:
i) It is the highest total for SRH at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium (Uppal, Hyderabad). Their previous score at this ground was 205/5 (20 overs) against KXIP (Kings XI Punjab) on 14th May 2014.
ii) It is the second highest total for SRH. Their highest total is 208/7 (20 overs) against RCB at Bengaluru on 29th May 2016.
iii) Also, it is the second highest total by a team in an IPL season opener. The record is 222/3 (20 overs) by KKR against RCB at Bengaluru on 18th April 2008.
- After dismissing Sreenath Aravind (RCB), SRH pacer Ashish Nehra completed his 100th IPL wickets. Nehra became the first left-arm bowler to take 100 wickets in IPL. On the other hand, Nehra became the 8th bowler and 2nd Indian pacer (R Vinay Kumar was the first Indian pacer to achieve this feat) to take 100 wickets in IPL.
- Taking 2 catches in this game, David Warner completed 22 catches for SRH. It is the joint most no.of catches in the career by an SRH non-wicketkeeper fielder. Shikhar Dhawan has also taken 22 catches for SRH.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad won this match by 35 runs. It is their second largest victory (by runs). The largest victories (by runs) for SRH is by 85 runs against MI (Mumbai Indians) at Visakhapatnam on 8th May 2016.
[pkl_srttable maid=”2″ id=”wordcup-sw” ]
Watch: Parthiv Patel Takes A Superb Reflex Catch
In the semi-final of Vijay Hazare Trophy 2019/20, Gujarat captain and wicketkeeper Parthiv Patel took a remarkable reflex catch to…
Indians Are Extremely Disciplined; We Should Have Prepared More mentally – Zubayr Hamza
South Africa was badly defeated in Indian grounds. The loss in Test series was a big question on Proteas. India…