On Wednesday (8th May) night, Delhi Capitals (DC) beat Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) in the Eliminator of IPL 2019 at Dr Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium (Visakhapatnam). Here we are with some statistical highlights of this match.
After winning the toss, the DC captain Shreyas Iyer decided to field first. While SRH was restricted to 162/8 (20 overs) in the first innings, DC chased down that target in 19.5 overs after losing eight wickets.
After this result, DC has advanced to the Qualifier 2 of IPL 2019 while SRH finished their IPL 2019 journey. On this Friday (10th May) night, DC will face Chennai Super Kings (CSK) in the Qualifier 2 of the IPL 2019.
Brief Scores: SRH – 162/8 in 20 overs (Martin Guptill 36, Manish Pandey 30; Keemo Paul 3/32)
DC – 165/8 in 19.5 overs (Prithvi Shaw 56, Rishabh Pant 49; Rashid Khan 2/15)
Result – DC won by two wickets
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) DC won this Eliminator match by two wickets.
- It is the first victory for this Delhi franchise in any playoff/knockout match.
i) It was Bhuvneshwar Kumar’s 86th T20 match for SRH (all in IPL).
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar becomes the most-capped IPL player for SRH. During this match, he surpassed their former cricketer Shikhar Dhawan who played 85 IPL matches for SRH.
ii) The right-arm pacer Bhuvneshwar Kumar has bagged 11 T20 wickets for SRH against the Delhi franchise.
- It is the most T20 wickets for an SRH bowler against the Delhi franchise. During this match, Bhuvneshwar Kumar surpassed Dale Steyn who picked up nine T20 wickets for SRH against the Delhi franchise.
i) New Zealand left-arm pacer Trent Boult has taken 22 IPL wickets for the Delhi franchise.
- Trent Boult is the joint most IPL wicket-taker for the Delhi franchise as a left-arm overseas bowler. Their former left-arm pacer Dirk Nannes also claimed 22 IPL wickets for this side.
i) Leg-spinner Amit Mishra has picked up 100 T20 wickets for the Delhi franchise.
- Amit Mishra is the first bowler for the Delhi franchise to take 100 T20 wickets.
ii) Amit Mishra faced the obstructing the field dismissal.
- It was the second time in IPL history when a batsman faced obstructing the field dismissal. First such incident happened on 15 May 2013 when the Kolkata Knight Riders’ batsman Yusuf Pathan faced obstructing the field dismissal against Pune Warriors India at Ranchi.
i) The left-handed DC opening batsman Shikhar Dhawan has scored 503 runs in IPL 2019.
- Shikhar Dhawan is the third batsman for the Delhi franchise to score 500+ runs in an IPL season. The top two records in this list are Rishabh Pant (684 runs in IPL 2018) and Gautam Gambhir (534 runs in IPL 2008).
i) The left-arm pacer Khaleel Ahmed has taken 19 T20 wickets for SRH.
- Khaleel Ahmed is leading T20 wicket-taker as a left-arm bowler for SRH. During this match, he surpassed their former left-arm pacers Ashish Nehra and Mustafizur Rahman who took 17 T20 wickets for SRH.