IPL 2019, Eliminator: Delhi Capitals vs Sunrisers Hyderabad – Stats Preview
On Wednesday (8th May) night, Delhi Capitals (DC) and Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) will meet at Dr Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium (Visakhapatnam) in the Eliminator of IPL 2019.
The winner of this match will qualify for the Qualifier 2 where they will face Chennai Super Kings (CSK) at the same venue on Friday (10th May) night. Meanwhile, the loser of Eliminator will end their IPL 2019 journey.
At the end of the League Stage of IPL 2019, DC finished in the third position with 18 points while SRH finished in the fourth position with 12 points.
Before the crucial meeting between DC and SRH in the Eliminator of IPL 2019, let’s look at some vital stats preview of the match.
Teams’ forms in IPL 2019
Recent results (in last five matches)
DC (oldest to latest) –Won, Won, Won, Lost and Won
SRH (oldest to latest) – Lost, Lost, Won, Lost and Lost
|Top run-scorer||Shikhar Dhawan (486 runs)||David Warner (692 runs)|
|Top wicket-taker||Kagiso Rabada (25 wickets)||Khaleel Ahmed (17 wickets)|
Head-to-head records between DC and SRH
|Stats||Matches||DC won||SRH won||Tied/No Result|
|At Dr Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium (Visakhapatnam)||1||1||0||0/0|
|In the last 10 matches||10||5||5||0/0|
|In IPL 2019||2||1||1||0/0|
Important stats between DC and SRH
|Stats||DC (vs SRH)||SRH (vs DC)|
|Highest total||189/4 (19.1 overs) at Delhi on 2nd May 2017||191/1 (18.5 overs) at Delhi on 10th May 2018 & 191/4 (20 overs) at Hyderabad (Deccan) on 19th April 2017|
|Lowest completed total||80 (19.1 overs) at Hyderabad (Deccan) on 4th May 2013||116 (18.5 overs) at Hyderabad (Deccan) on 14th April 2019|
|Largest victory (by runs)||39 runs at Hyderabad (Deccan) on 14th April 2019||15 runs at Hyderabad (Deccan) on 19th April 2017|
|Largest victory (by wickets)||7 wickets at Hyderabad (Deccan) on 12th May 2016||9 wickets at Delhi on 10th May 2018|
|Stats||DC (vs SRH)||SRH (vs DC)|
|Highest individual score||128* by Rishabh Pant at Delhi on 10th May 2018||92* by Shikhar Dhawan at Delhi on 10th May 2018|
|Best bowling figures||4/17 by JP Duminy at Visakhapatnam on 18th April 2015||3/30 by Khaleel Ahmed Hyderabad (Deccan) on 14th April 2019|
|Most runs scored||279 runs by Rishabh Pant||357 runs by Shikhar Dhawan|
|Most wickets||8 wickets by Chris Morris||9 wickets by Dale Steyn and Bhuvneshwar Kumar|
Other important stats
- Leg-spinner Amit Mishra (99 wickets) needs to take one more wicket to complete his 100 T20 wickets for this Delhi franchise. He will be the first bowler for this Delhi franchise to take 100 T20 wickets.
- Also, Amit Mishra (95 wickets) is five wickets away to become the first bowler to take 100 IPL wickets for this Delhi franchise.
- Amit Mishra (245 wickets) will complete his 250 T20 wickets after taking five more wickets.
- Shikhar Dhawan (486 runs) is 14 runs away and Shreyas Iyer (442 runs) is 58 runs away to complete their 500 runs in IPL 2019. Till the date, only two batsmen have scored 500 or more runs for this Delhi franchise in an IPL season. The top two record holders are Rishabh Pant (684 runs in IPL 2018) and Gautam Gambhir (534 runs in IPL 2008).
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar will play his 86th IPL match for SRH. He will be the most-capped IPL player for SRH as he will surpass their former cricketer Shikhar Dhawan who played 85 IPL matches for this side.
- The left-arm pacer Khaleel Ahmed has picked up 17 wickets in IPL 2019. With one more wicket, Khaleel Ahmed will become the most wicket-taker for SRH in an IPL season as a left-arm bowler. Another left-arm pacer Mustafizur Rahman also bagged 17 wickets in IPL 2016.
- Kane Williamson (44 sixes) is six sixes away to complete his 50 IPL sixes for the Hyderabad franchise. Only David Warner (123 sixes) and Shikhar Dhawan (49 sixes) are ahead of Kane Williamson in the most IPL sixes list for SRH.
Rohit Has Got Eternity To Play The Ball, Kohli Has Plan For Each Format – Robin Uthappa
India’s batsman Robin Uthappa has heaped praise on captain Virat Kohli and limited-overs vice-captain Rohit Sharma. Uthappa stated that Rohit Sharma has got all the time to play the ball whereas Virat Kohli has a plan for every format of the game. Rohit Sharma is…
Naseem Shah Ready For Challenge To Bowl To Virat Kohli
The 17-year-old Pakistan pacer Naseem Shah, who has impressed in his early international career, wants to bowl the Indian captain Virat Kohli. While he respects Kohli, he also doesn’t fear one of the greatest batsmen in the world. Impressing in his early cricket career, Naseem…