Want to be a professional cricketer?
On Wednesday (3rd April) night, Mumbai Indians (MI) and Chennai Super Kings (CSK) will face each other at Wankhede Stadium (Mumbai). It will be the fourth match of IPL 2019 for both teams. However, it will be the second home match for MI in this season, while CSK will play their second away match in this season.
CSK is leading the points table with six points as they have won all their three matches in this season. Meanwhile, MI is standing in the seventh position in the points table with just two points. While MI has also played three matches in this season, they have won only once.
Teams’ forms in IPL 2019
MI (oldest to latest) – Lost, Won and Lost
CSK (oldest to latest) – Won, Won and Won
Teams’ performances in different stages of a match
|Different stages of a match (Overs)||MI||CSK|
|Run-rate||Average wicket (s) fall in a match||Run-rate||Average wicket (s) fall in a match|
|Middle overs (7-15)||9.04||3||6.63||1.67|
|Death overs (16-20)||9.42||4||9.24||0.67|
|Top run-scorer||Quinton de Kock (110 runs)||MS Dhoni (107 runs)|
|Top wicket-taker||Jasprit Bumrah (4 wickets)||Imran Tahir and Dwayne Bravo (6 wickets each)|
Head-to-head records between MI and CSK
|Stats||Matches||MI won||CSK won||Tied/No Result|
|At Wankhede Stadium (Mumbai)||8||5||3||0/0|
|In the last 10 matches||10||5||5||0/0|
- Since May 2013, MI has never beaten CSK at Wankhede Stadium (Mumbai) during the IPL round-robin stages. Last time, MI beat CSK at this venue during the IPL round-robin stages was on 5th May 2013. Since then, CSK has achieved three straight IPL round-robin victories against MI at this venue. Though MI beat CSK once at this venue after May 2013, it was in the IPL playoffs. On 19th May 2015, during the Qualifier 1 of IPL 2015, MI beat CSK at this venue.
Important stats between MI and CSK
|Stats||MI (vs CSK)||CSK (vs MI)|
|Highest total||202/7 (20 overs) at Chennai on 23rd April 2008 & 202/5 at Kolkata on 24th May 2015||208/5 (20 overs) at Chennai on 23rd April 2008|
|Lowest completed total||139/5 (20 overs) at Mumbai on 5th May 2013||79 (15.2 overs) at Mumbai on 5th May 2013|
|Largest victory (by runs)||60 runs at Mumbai on 5th May 2013||48 runs at Delhi on 21st May 2013|
|Largest victory (by wickets)||9 wickets at Mumbai on 14th May 2008||7 wickets for thrice|
|Stats||MI (vs CSK)||CSK (vs MI)|
|Highest individual score||114* by Sanath Jayasuriya at Mumbai on 14th May 2008||86* by Michael Hussey at Delhi on 21st May 2013|
|Best bowling figures||5/18 by Harbhajan Singh at Mumbai on 22nd April 2011||4/14 by Mohit Sharma at Dubai (DSC) on 25th April 2014|
|Most runs scored||547 runs by Rohit Sharma||699 runs by Suresh Raina|
|Most wickets||29 wickets by Lasith Malinga||26 wickets by Dwayne Bravo|
Other important stats
- Lasith Malinga (23 wickets) needs to take two more wickets to become the leading wicket-taker against CSK in IPL history. Harbhajan Singh is currently leading the table with 24 IPL wickets against CSK.
- Kieron Pollard (28 sixes) needs to hit three more sixes to become the leading six hitter against CSK in IPL history. While Chris Gayle has also hit 28 IPL sixes against CSK, Virat Kohli is leading the table with 30 IPL sixes against CSK.
- Dwayne Bravo (99 wickets) is the only wicket away to complete his 100 IPL wickets for CSK. He will be the first bowler to take 100 IPL wickets for CSK.
- Caribbean all-rounder Dwayne Bravo (298 sixes) needs to hit two more sixes to complete his 300 T20 sixes. He will be the fifth Caribbean batsman to hit 300 or more T20 sixes.
- MS Dhoni (3,998 runs) is two runs away to complete his 4,000 T20 runs for CSK. After Suresh Raina, MS Dhoni will be the second cricketer to score 4,000 or more T20 runs for CSK.
- Ravindra Jadeja (929 runs) needs to score 71 more runs to complete his 1,000 T20 runs for CSK. He will be the 10th CSK batsman to achieve this feat.