IPL 2019, Match 55: Kings XI Punjab vs Chennai Super Kings – Statistical Highlights
On Sunday (5th May) evening, Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) finished their IPL 2019 journey with a solid victory against Chennai Super Kings (CSK) at Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium (Mohali, Chandigarh). The home side KXIP won this match by six wickets (with 12 balls remaining). Here we are with some statistical highlights of this match.
KXIP captain Ravichandran Ashwin decided to field first after winning the toss. In the first innings, CSK scored 170/5 in 20 overs. In reply, the home team chased down that target in 18 overs after losing four wickets.
Brief Scores: CSK – 170/5 in 20 overs (Faf du Plessis 96, Suresh Raina 53; Sam Curran 3/35)
KXIP – 173/4 in 18 overs (KL Rahul 71, Nicholas Pooran 36; Harbhajan Singh 3/57)
Result – KXIP won by six wickets
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) Caribbean cricketer Dwayne Bravo played his 100th T20 match for CSK.
- Dwayne Bravo is the first overseas cricketer to play 100 T20 matches for CSK.
- Dwayne Bravo is the sixth cricketer to play 100 or more T20 matches for CSK. The other five cricketers to play 100+ matches for CSK are Suresh Raina (185 matches), MS Dhoni (181 matches), Ravichandran Ashwin (121 matches), Subramaniam Badrinath (114 matches) and Ravindra Jadeja (113 matches).
i) The left-handed batsman Suresh Raina has scored 4,503 IPL runs for CSK.
- Suresh Raina is the first batsman to score 4,500 IPL runs for CSK.
- Suresh Raina is the second batsman to score 4,500+ IPL runs for any team. Virat Kohli (5,412 IPL runs for Royal Challengers Bangalore) was the first man to achieve this feat.
Faf du Plessis
i) CSK opener Faf du Plessis scored 96 runs off 55 balls.
- It is the third highest individual score by a CSK batsman against KXIP. The top two records are 116* by Michael Hussey (at Mohali on 19th April 2008) and 100* by Suresh Raina (at Chennai on 2nd May 2013)
ii) South African cricketer Faf du Plessis has scored 1,557 IPL runs for CSK.
- Faf du Plessis is the second overseas cricketer to score 1,500+ IPL runs for CSK. The first overseas cricketer was Michael Hussey who scored 1,768 IPL runs for CSK.
- Faf du Plessis is the fifth cricketer to score 1,500+ IPL runs for CSK. The first four cricketers were Suresh Raina (4,503 runs), MS Dhoni (3,810 runs), Michael Hussey (1,768 runs) and Murali Vijay (1,650 runs).
i) The left-arm spinner Ravindra Jadeja has picked up 106 IPL wickets.
- It is the joint most wickets for a left-arm bowler in IPL history. During this match, Ravindra Jadeja equalled with the left-arm pacer Ashish Nehra’s record (106 IPL wickets).
i) The right-handed batsman KL Rahul has scored 1,252 T20 runs for KXIP.
- KL Rahul is the leading T20 run-scorer for KXIP as an Indian batsman. During this match, KL Rahul broke the record of Wriddhiman Saha’s 1,190 T20 runs for this side.
- KL Rahul is the fourth most T20 run-scorer for KXIP. The top three players in this list are Shaun Marsh (2,477 runs), David Miller (1,974 runs) and Glenn Maxwell (1,275 runs).
ii) KL Rahul scored seven 50+ scores in IPL 2019 (one century and six half-centuries).
- It is the most number of 50+ scores for a KXIP batsman in an IPL season. The previous record was six 50+ scores in an IPL season and Shaun Marsh (IPL 2008) and KL Rahul (IPL 2018) held that record once each.
i) KXIP pacer Mohammed Shami picked up 19 wickets in IPL 2019.
- It is the joint second most wickets for a KXIP bowler in an IPL season (S Sreesanth also picked up 19 wickets for this side in IPL 2008). The record is 24 wickets by Andrew Tye in IPL 2018.
i) CSK off-spinner Harbhajan Singh had the bowling figures of 4-0-57-3.
- It is the most expensive bowling figures by a CSK spinner. The previous record was 4-0-52-1 by Muttiah Muralitharan against Rajasthan Royals at Chennai on 3rd April 2010.
- It is the joint second most expensive bowling performance by a CSK bowler.
|Mohit Sharma||4-0-58-0||Sunrisers Hyderabad||Hyderabad (Deccan)||2nd May 2015|
|Palani Amarnath||4-0-57-1||Mumbai Indians||Chennai||23rd April 2008|
|Harbhajan Singh||4-0-57-3||Kings XI Punjab||Mohali||5th May 2019|
Usman Khawaja Likely To Be Fit For Ashes, Reckons Tim Paine
After a fine time, Tim Paine makes the headlines, as Ashes Test series is on its way to hit the…
3 Dropped Players Who Might Never Make A Comeback To Indian Cricket Team
The Indian national selection committee headed by MSK Prasad named the squads for the upcoming tour of West Indies. There…