On Wednesday (30th September) evening, Rajasthan Royals (RR) and Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) will face each other in the 12th match of the IPL 2020 at Dubai International Cricket Stadium (Dubai). It will be the third match for both these teams in the IPL 2020.
Rajasthan Royals are now the only IPL 2020 side who haven’t lost a match yet as they have won both their first two matches in this season at Sharjah. Rajasthan Royals started this season with the 16 runs victory against Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and then snatched a four-wicket victory against Kings XI Punjab (KXIP).
On the other hand, Kolkata Knight Riders began this IPL season with a 49-run defeat against the defending champions Mumbai Indians (MI) at Abu Dhabi. However, in their next game against SunRisers Hyderabad (SRH) at the same venue, KKR managed to claim a comfortable seven-wicket victory.
Let’s look at some crucial stats preview before the upcoming 12th match of the IPL 2020 between RR vs KKR
Head-to-head records between RR vs KKR
|Stats||Matches||RR Won||KKR Won||Tied||No Result|
|Overall||21||8||10||2 (RR won 2)||1|
|In IPL||21||8||10||2 (RR won 2)||1|
|In UAE||1||0||0||1 (RR won)||0|
|In last 5 matches||5||1||4||0||0|
|In IPL 2019||2||1||1||0||0|
Records of RR and KKR in UAE
|Team||Matches||Won||Lost||Tied (W/L)||No Result|
Important stats between RR vs KKR
|Stats||RR (vs KKR)||KKR (vs RR)|
|Highest total||199/6 (20 overs) at Mumbai (Brabourne Stadium) on 16th May 2015||190/9 (20 overs) at Mumbai (Brabourne Stadium) on 16th May 2015|
|Lowest completed total||81 (15.2 overs) at Kolkata on 17th April 2011||125 (19 overs) at Jaipur on 8th April 2013|
|Largest victory (by runs)||45 runs at Jaipur on 1st May 2008||25 runs at Kolkata on 23rd May 2018|
|Largest victory (by wickets)||6 wickets at Kolkata on 20th May 2008||9 wickets at Jaipur on 15th April 2011|
(Top players’ stats)
|Stats||RR (vs KKR)||KKR (vs RR)|
|Highest individual score||104* by Shane Watson at Mumbai (Brabourne Stadium) on 16th May 2015||97* by Dinesh Karthik at Kolkata on 25th April 2019|
|Best bowling figures||4/23 by Chris Morris at Mumbai (Brabourne Stadium) on 16th May 2015||4/20 by Kuldeep Yadav at Kolkata on 15th May 2018|
|Most runs scored||338 runs by Ajinkya Rahane||255 runs by Gautam Gambhir|
|Most wickets||9 wickets by Siddharth Trivedi||9 wickets by Sunil Narine and Shakib Al Hasan|
Other important stats
Rajasthan Royals (RR)
- Shreyas Gopal (31 wickets) needs four more wickets to surpass their former leg-spinner Pravin Tambe (35 wickets) and become the most wicket-taker as an Indian spinner for Rajasthan Royals. Among the overall Rajasthan Royals spinners, only the Aussie leg-spinner Shane Warne is ahead of them with 58 T20 wickets for this team.
- By taking two more wickets, the left-arm pacer Jaydev Unadkat (21 wickets) will surpass Sohail Tanvir (22 wickets) and become the second most IPL wicket-taker as a left-arm bowler for Rajasthan Royals. The left-arm Australian pacer James Faulkner is leading this table with 47 IPL wickets for Rajasthan Royals.
- Robin Uthappa (4425 runs) is 75 runs away to complete 4500 IPL runs. Till 29th September 2020, a total of six batsmen have managed to score more than 4500 IPL runs.
Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR)
- It will be 122nd T20 match for KKR for Sunil Narine. During this match, he will be a joint most-capped player for KKR in T20 cricket. Their former cricketers Gautam Gambhir and Yusuf Pathan also played 122 T20s for this side.
- Sunil Narine (45 sixes) is five sixes away to complete his 50 T20 sixes for KKR. He will be sixth KKR batsman to hit 50 T20 sixes.
- Sunil Narine (386 wickets) is four wickets behind from the second most T20 wicket-taker Sri Lankan Lasith Malinga (390 wickets). Dwayne Bravo is the most T20 wicket-taker with 506 T20 wickets.
- The left-arm chinaman Kuldeep Yadav (45 wickets) is five wickets away to complete 50 T20 wickets for KKR. He will be the first left-arm bowler and fourth overall bowler to take 50 T20 wickets for KKR.
- Eoin Morgan (297 sixes) is three sixes away to complete his 300 T20 sixes. After Dutch cricketer Ryan ten Doeschate (308 sixes), Morgan will be the second European to hit 300 T20 sixes.
- Dinesh Karthik has made 59 T20 stumpings. With two more T20 stumpings, Karthik will surpass Kumar Sangakkara (60 stumpings) and climb up the third position in most T20 stumpings record. Only Kamran Akmal (97 stumpings) and MS Dhoni (84 stumpings) are ahead of them in this list.
- Andre Russell (1418 runs) is 82 runs away to complete his 1500 T20 runs for KKR. He will be fifth KKR batsman to score 1500 T20 runs.
- Andre Russell (296 wickets) is four wickets away to complete his 300 T20 wickets. A total of eight bowlers have managed to claim 300+ T20 wickets till the date.