On Thursday (8th October), SunRisers Hyderabad (SRH) registered a big victory after claiming the 69 runs victory against Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) at Dubai International Cricket Stadium (Dubai).
SunRisers Hyderabad captain David Warner decided to bat first after winning the toss. SRH scored 201/6 (20 overs) in the first innings. In reply, Kings XI Punjab were bundled out for just 132 runs (16.5 overs).
Also Read: IPL 2020 – Latest Points Table
Brief Scores: SRH – 201/6 in 20 overs (Jonny Bairstow 97, David Warner 52; Ravi Bishnoi 3/29)
KXIP – 132 in 16.5 overs (Nicholas Pooran 77, Prabhsimran Singh 11, Rashid Khan 3/12)
The Result – SRH won by 69 runs.
IPL 2020, Match 22: SunRisers Hyderabad vs Kings XI Punjab (SRH vs KXIP) – Statistical Highlights
SunRisers Hyderabad (SRH) – the largest victory margin
i) SRH won this match by 69 runs.
- It is the largest victory (by runs) for SRH against KXIP. Their previous record was winning by 45 runs at Hyderabad (Deccan) on 29th April 2019.
- It was the third-largest victory (by runs) for SRH against any team. Their top two largest victories (by runs) are winning by 118 runs against Royal Challengers Bangalore (at Hyderabad, Deccan on 31st March 2019) and 85 runs against Mumbai Indians (at Visakhapatnam on 8th May 2016).
SunRisers Hyderabad (SRH)
David Warner – 50th 50+ score in IPL career
- Warner became the first batsman in IPL history to register 50+ score for 50 times.
Jonny Bairstow – highest individual score
i) Opener Jonny Bairstow scored 97 runs.
- It is the highest individual score for a SunRisers Hyderabad batsman against Kings XI Punjab. Their previous record was 81 by David Warner at Hyderabad (Deccan) on 11th May 2015.
- It was the fourth-highest individual score for an SRH batsman.
Top 5 highest individual score for a SunRisers Hyderabad batsman
|David Warner||126||Kolkata Knight Riders||Hyderabad (Deccan)||30th April 2017|
|Jonny Bairstow||114||Royal Challengers Bangalore||Hyderabad (Deccan)||31st March 2019|
|David Warner||100*||Royal Challengers Bangalore||Hyderabad (Deccan)||31st March 2019|
|Jonny Bairstow||97||Kings XI Punjab||Dubai (DSC)||8th October 2020|
|David Warner||93*||Gujarat Lions||Delhi||27th May 2016|
Also Read: IPL 2020 – Most Run-Scorers (Orange Cap)
David Warner and Jonny Bairstow – the top partnership
i) Openers David Warner and Jonny Bairstow built up the 160 runs partnership for the first wicket.
- It was the second-highest partnership for any wicket against KXIP. The record is 181 runs partnership for the unbroken opening wicket between Shane Watson and Faf du Plessis at Dubai (DSC) on 4th October 2020.
- It was the third-highest partnership for SRH for any wicket.
Top 3 partnerships for SunRisers Hyderabad for any wicket
|Partner||Runs||For the wicket||Opposition||Venue||Date|
|David Warner and Jonny Bairstow||185||1st||Royal Challengers Bangalore||Hyderabad (Deccan)||31st March 2019|
|Shikhar Dhawan and Kane Williamson||176*||2nd||Delhi Daredevils||Delhi||10th May 2018|
|David Warner and Jonny Bairstow||160||1st||Kings XI Punjab||Dubai (DSC)||8th October 2020|
Rashid Khan – best bowling figures as a spinner
i) The leg-spinner Rashid Khan finished the match with the bowling figures of 4-1-12-3.
- It is the best bowling figures by a spinner for SunRisers Hyderabad against Kings XI Punjab.
Also Read: IPL 2020 – Most Wicket Takers (Purple Cap)
Kings XI Punjab (KXIP)
Nicholas Pooran – 2nd fastest fifty
i) Nicholas Pooran completed his fifty in just 17 balls.
- It was the second-fastest fifty for a KXIP batsman. Their record fastest fifty was 14-ball fifty against Delhi Daredevils at Chandigarh on 8th April 2018.