On Sunday (4th August), India have taken the unassailable lead in the ongoing three-match T20I series against Windies after beating the Caribbean side in the second T20I and taking a 2-0 lead in this series.
After India won the toss, they scored 167/5 (20 overs) in the first innings. In reply, Windies were batting on 98/4 (15.3 overs) before the rain-interruption. In the end, India won that match by 22 runs (DLS method) as Windies’ revised target was 121 runs.
Brief Scores: India – 167/5 in 20 overs (Rohit Sharma 67, Virat Kohli 28; Sheldon Cottrell 2/25)
Windies (revised target: 121 runs) – 98/4 in 15.3 overs (Rovman Powell 54, Nicholas Pooran 19; Krunal Pandya 2/23)
Result – India won by 22 runs (DLS method)
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) India scored 167/5 (20 overs) in the first innings.
- It is the third-highest T20I total for India against Windies outside the Indian soil. The top two in this list are 244/4 (20 overs) at Lauderhill on 27th August 2016 and 190/6 (20 overs) at Kingston on 9th July 2017.
Read More : Top 10 Most Run-Scorers In T20I Cricket
i) Windies off-spinner Sunil Narine played his 50th T20I.
- Sunil Narine is the eighth Windies cricketer to play 50 T20I matches.
i) Indian opener Rohit Sharma has hit 107 T20I sixes.
- It is the most number of T20I sixes for any batsman. During this innings, Rohit surpassed the Caribbean opener Chris Gayle who has hit 105 T20I sixes.
ii) Rohit Sharma has scored 21 times 50+ scores in T20I career.
- It is the most number of 50+ scores for a batsman in T20I career. During this innings, Rohit surpassed Virat Kohli who has registered 20 times 50+ scores in T20I career.
iii) Rohit Sharma has scored 425 runs in T20I career against Windies.
- It is the most T20I score for a batsman against Windies. The previous record-holder was Alex Hales (England) who has scored 423 T20I runs against Windies.
i) Indian captain Virat Kohli has scored 8,416 T20 runs.
- Virat Kohli is the most T20 run-scorer as an Indian batsman. Suresh Raina is in the next position with 8,392 T20 runs.
- Virat Kohli is the sixth most run-scorer in T20 history.