The main event of the WWE Fastlane PPV is going to be the six-pack WWE Championship match, quite obviously.
This is going to be the final brand-exclusive PPV hosted by the Smackdown Live brand which is the last one before Wrestlemania. If the single-branded shows become extinct, then it might very well become the last-ever brand-specific show.
So, the March 11th show is going to be the one to watch out for which will also declare one of the main event matches for this year’s Wrestlemania, as well.
Now, the title match announced for Fastlane has already been altered for multiple occasions. Previously it was supposed to be a singles match with AJ Styles defending against anyone from Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn.
Since contender’s match got disqualified, both Owens and Zayn received the opportunity making the contest a triple threat one. Later, Shane McMahon decided to counter the favouritism played by Daniel Bryan to both of these heels. Hence, he handed away opportunities for Baron Corbin and Dolph Ziggler to enter into the championship match.
Both these superstars won their respective matches to make the Fastlane championship match, a fatal-five-way contest. Previously, the advertisement of the venue of the event also suggested a match featuring five superstars from Smackdown Live. But, the superstars were definitely not the same.
— WWE (@WWE) February 14, 2018
A report was published by Wrestling Observer Newsletter where it was revealed the planning was different at the beginning which changed in recent times.
As per the source, the six-pack challenge,
“was supposed to feature Randy Orton and Shinsuke Nakamura in place of Corbin and Ziggler, which would have made sense based on the past few months of storylines. WWE apparently decided to remove Nakamura from the match because the company is trying to hold off on Styles vs Nakamura until WrestleMania.”
#WWEChampion @AJStylesOrg defends his title against @JohnCena, @FightOwensFight, @SamiZayn, @BaronCorbinWWE, and @HEELZiggler THIS SUNDAY in a #SixPackChallenge at #WWEFastlane! pic.twitter.com/dUaTDOeW4q
— WWE Network (@WWENetwork) March 6, 2018
The main reason behind pulling off Nakamura from the title match is due to the reason the officials do not want a physical confrontation between Nakamura and Styles inside the ring before Wrestlemania.
Also, the Artist had already won the Royal Rumble match earning a title shot at the biggest stage of the year. So, letting him compete in a championship match prior to that does not make any sense, either.
Yuvraj Singh’s Mother Opens Up On The Cricketer’s Retirement, Says No Player Can Escape It
In the Indian cricket history, Yuvraj Singh is a name that would forever be known for his heroic game in the 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup. However, the mother of the veteran star batsman Shabnam Singh says that his transition started a year or one…
India v West Indies 2019, 3rd T20I: Match Preview, Predicted XI, Where To Watch, Prediction
West Indies have made a comeback after winning the second game in the three-match T20I series, levelling the series with 1-1. India was not able to defend their first innings score in Thiruvanthapuram, which cost them a defeat in the second T20I. Now, the two…