On Wednesday (26th August), Trinbago Knight Riders beat St Lucia Zouks by six wickets (DLS method) in the rain-interrupted 13th match of the CPL 2020 at Queen’s Park Oval (Port of Spain).
After Trinbago Knight Riders sent St Lucia Zouks to bat first, Zouks scored 111/6 in 17.1 overs before rain halted the match. Later, when the match was restarted, Knight Riders got the target of 72 runs in 9 overs. Knight Riders chased down that target in eight overs after losing four wickets.
Brief Scores: St Lucia Zouks – 111/6 in 17.1 overs (Mohammad Nabi 30*, Najibullah Zadran 21; Dwayne Bravo 2/7)
Trinbago Knight Riders (Target – 72 runs in 9 overs) – 72/4 in 8 overs (Darren Bravo 23*, Colin Munro 17; Kesrick Williams 2/17)
The result – Trinbago Knight Riders won by six wickets (DLS method)
CPL 2020, Match 13: St Lucia Zouks vs Trinbago Knight Riders – Statistical Highlights
Trinbago Knight Riders
i) Trinbago Knight Riders won this match by six wickets (DLS method).
- Knight Riders stretched their unbeaten streak against St Lucia Zouks to nine successive matches (eight victories and one no result). Last time, Zouks beat Knight Riders on 29th June 2016.
ii) It was the fourth successive victory for the Trinbago Knight Riders.
- It was the fifth time when Knight Riders have managed at least four successive victories.
St Lucia Zouks
i) With this defeat, St Lucia Zouks ended their three-match winning streak.
- It was the joint-best record for Zouks in most successive victories. Previously, they achieved the three-match winning streak for the first time in July 2016.
Trinbago Knight Riders
i) At the age of 48 years and 323 days, Indian cricketer Pravin Tambe made his CPL debut.
- Pravin Tambe is the first Indian to appear in a CPL match.
- Pravin Tambe becomes the oldest cricketer to play a CPL match.
i) It was the 50th CPL match for Colin Munro for Trinbago Knight Riders.
- Colin Munro became the fourth player to appear in 50 CPL matches. Previously, Dwayne Bravo, Darren Bravo and Kevon Cooper reached this milestone.
i) Playing his 459th T20 match, Caribbean cricketer Dwayne Bravo has taken 501 T20 wickets.
- Dwayne Bravo becomes the first bowler to claim 500 T20 wickets.
ii) Dwayne Bravo also completed 100 CPL wickets as he has now taken 101 CPL wickets.
- Dwayne Bravo is the first bowler to claim 100 wickets in CPL history.
i) Lendl Simmons has scored nine ducks in his CPL career.
- It is the joint-best record of most ducks in CPL history. Sunil Narine has also scored nine ducks in his CPL career.
i) Caribbean cricketer Darren Bravo has hit 101 CPL sixes for Trinbago Knight Riders.
- Darren Bravo became the third batsman to hit 100+ sixes for a CPL team. Earlier, Chris Gayle (124 sixes for Jamaica Tallawahs) and Evin Lewis (105 sixes for St Kitts and Nevis Patriots) achieved this record.
- Darren Bravo became the fifth batsman to hit 100+ sixes in CPL history.
CPL 2020: Updated Points Table after Match 14
|Team||Matches||Won||Lost||Tied (W/L)||No Results||Points||NRR|
|Trinbago Knight Riders||4||4||0||0||0||8||0.776|
|St Lucia Zouks||5||3||2||0||0||6||0.141|
|Guyana Amazon Warriors||5||2||3||0||0||4||0.048|
|St Kitts and Nevis Patriots||4||1||3||0||0||2||-0.487|