IPL 2019, Match 54: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Sunrisers Hyderabad – Statistical Highlights
On Saturday (4th May) night, Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) finished their IPL 2019 journey with a four-wicket victory (with four balls remaining) against Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) at M. Chinnaswamy Stadium (Bengaluru). Here we are with some statistical highlights of this match.
After RCB decided to bowl first, SRH managed to score 175/7 in 20 overs. In reply, RCB chased down that target in 19.2 overs after losing six wickets.
Brief Scores: SRH – 175/7 in 20 overs (Kane Williamson 70*, Martin Guptill 30; Washington Sundar 3/24)
RCB – 178/6 in 19.2 overs (Shimron Hetmyer 75, Gurkeerat Singh 65; Khaleel Ahmed 3/37)
Result – RCB won by four wickets
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) In the first innings of this match, SRH scored 175/7 in 20 overs.
- It is the second highest first-innings total for SRH at M. Chinnaswamy Stadium (Bengaluru). Their record is 208/7 (20 overs) against RCB on 29th May 2016.
i) RCB successfully chased the 176 runs target in 19.2 overs (178/6).
- It is the highest successful chase in a T20 match between RCB and SRH. The previous record was SRH’s successfully chasing the 167 runs target (172/2 in 17.2 overs) at Bengaluru on 13th April 2015.
i) The right-arm pacer Bhuvneshwar Kumar played his 85th T20 match for SRH.
- It is the joint most number of T20 matches for an SRH player. Their former player Shikhar Dhawan also played 85 T20 matches for this side.
i) The leg-spinner Yuzvendra Chahal has picked up 100 wickets for RCB (all in IPL).
- Yuzvendra Chahal is the first bowler to take 100 wickets for RCB.
- Yuzvendra Chahal is the sixth bowler to take 100 or more IPL wickets for a team. The other five bowlers are Lasith Malinga for Mumbai Indians (166 wickets), Harbhajan Singh for Mumbai Indians (127 wickets), Sunil Narine for Kolkata Knight Riders (122 wickets), Bhuvneshwar Kumar for Sunrisers Hyderabad (107 wickets) and Dwayne Bravo for Chennai Super Kings (102 wickets).
- Yuzvendra Chahal is the 14th bowler to take 100 or more IPL wickets.
Shimron Hetmyer-Gurkeerat Singh
- It is the highest fourth-wicket partnership in IPL history. The previous record was 132 runs partnership between AB de Villiers and Yuvraj Singh (RCB) against Rajasthan Royals at Bengaluru on 11th May 2014.
i) SRH left-arm pacer Khaleel Ahmed has picked up 17 wickets in the ongoing IPL 2019.
- It is the joint most wickets for a left-arm SRH bowler in an IPL season. The left-arm pacer Mustafizur Rahman also took 17 wickets for SRH in IPL 2016.
No One Should Dictate MS Dhoni When To Retire – Gary Kirsten
India’s 2011 World Cup-winning coach Gary Kirsten stated that no one should dictate MS Dhoni when he should retire from the game. Kirsten added that Dhoni has earned the right to bid adieu to the game on his own terms as he has been a…
Do You Know How Much An Umpire Can Earn Per Year?
Umpiring is a tough job though it looks easy when we watch through our Televisions. Generally, we think that umpire’s job is only to give a decision. But we forget that they have to carefully watch every bit of the match while standing for a…